Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

White smoke out of tail pipe!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White smoke out of tail pipe!!

So I was driving and all of a sudden my check engine light turned on and my rpm's shot up to 2k.. Than my temp gauge shot straight to the top and ALOT of white smoke is coming out of my tailpipe.. Even at a stand still my car over heats!! HELP!!

sounds like a blown headgasket

Comment

That's exactly what I'm thinking! Man do u know how hard it is to remove the head off an A1?? I've been googling it and everything's pointing to blown head gasket :/

Comment

Originally posted by Mr92cb7 View Post
        That's exactly what I'm thinking! Man do u know how hard it is to remove the head off an A1?? I've been googling it and everything's pointing to blown head gasket :/
        Calm down, it might not be a blown head gasket, you COULD have blown a coolant line. Pull the code from the ECU and it will help point us in the right direction.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

If you see bubbling in coolant reservoir tank while engine is running, it is one of pointers to blown head basket.
          Last edited by oyajicool; 06-09-2012, 11:11 PM.
          A&P-IA

Comment

If he's blowing white smoke, the head gasket is more than likely. A blown coolant line would account for the overheating, but not the smoke.

Mr92cb7, your best option would be to go to www.helminc.com and pick up a good manual for your car. It's pricey, but it will make life MUCH easier for you... much MUCH better than the Haynes and Chiltons options most commonly available otherwise.
            Removing the head isn't terribly difficult, but having a manual would make it much easier (as well as the right tools, like a good torque wrench.) If you do it incorrectly, removing the bolts in the wrong order, or applying the wrong torque, then you can do irreversible damage to your head.
            Once the head is off, it's smart to have it resurfaced by a machine shop.

Comment

The point I was trying to make was that I thought I had blown my HG awhile back because white smoke was pouring out the back of my car. Ended up being the coolant line had blown off the head under the dizzy. Not saying that's the case here, just trying to give the OP a little hope, even though it is most likely the HG.
              Originally posted by Mishakol129
              Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                The point I was trying to make was that I thought I had blown my HG awhile back because white smoke was pouring out the back of my car. Ended up being the coolant line had blown off the head under the dizzy. Not saying that's the case here, just trying to give the OP a little hope, even though it is most likely the HG.
                Well I always tought my car was overheating because I have no radiator fan.. But it never overheated before and recently now it takes 20 min for it to overheat even if it's just sitting there idling..

Comment

Why did you always think the car was overheating? Was it because the gauge was reading hot? If so, it WAS overheating... and overheating will most definitely result in a blown head gasket. Why don't you have a radiator fan? That's a very important part.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr92cb7 View Post
                    Well I always tought my car was overheating because I have no radiator fan.. But it never overheated before and recently now it takes 20 min for it to overheat even if it's just sitting there idling..
                    wow no fan thats a good way to mess up the engine . like deev said why is there no fan?
                    this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                    How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                    Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Working...
                    X