Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Radiator Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator Fan

So the guy that I purchased my 91 sedan from has some kind of right out there wiring job done to the car, we removed alot of the wires because they were wired to fog lights that I removed. But I believe that he also has some kind of wiring nut job done on the radiator fan and it no longer works, is there some way that I could direct connect the fan to my battery?

Originally posted by Cb7Black9192 View Post
    So the guy that I purchased my 91 sedan from has some kind of right out there wiring job done to the car, we removed alot of the wires because they were wired to fog lights that I removed. But I believe that he also has some kind of wiring nut job done on the radiator fan and it no longer works, is there some way that I could direct connect the fan to my battery?
    Are you sure your fan switches are working properly? There are 2, one in the thermostat housing, and one on the coolant neck on the front of the head next to the distributor.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Honestly I couldn't tell you, when I bought the car I bought it under the indication that the timing belt had skipped so it would be an easy fix, but when we got the head apart we found out that the crankshaft was cracked in half so the 2.2 was no good anymore, we swapped a 2.3 vtec from a 2000 accord coupe into it. Although I don't have a computer to run the Vtec atm

Comment

My car doesn't have any daytime running lights so I will be running headlights on all day, could I possibly wire the fan in with the headlights?

Comment

Nice to see a fellow Nova Scotian on here.
          My car came from florida, but someone had added drl's to it. But the fan stopped working so buddy wired the fan up to the lights and took the fuse out of the drl thing. Now I gotta figure out where the fan connector goes. But yes, it is possible to hook up you're fan to the lights, but i'm thinkin it's gotta be hard on the fan.

Comment

fix it right, dont ghetto rigg stuff.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by Scoot View Post
              Nice to see a fellow Nova Scotian on here.
              My car came from florida, but someone had added drl's to it. But the fan stopped working so buddy wired the fan up to the lights and took the fuse out of the drl thing. Now I gotta figure out where the fan connector goes. But yes, it is possible to hook up you're fan to the lights, but i'm thinkin it's gotta be hard on the fan.
              Where abouts in Nova Scotia are you from? and yeah, I was talking to a buddy today and he said that maybe it would just be a better idea to wire it to the ignition so it came on as soon as the car is on and wouldn't shut off until it's off. It wouldn't draw to much power that way, I could add a killswitch to the circuit too

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                fix it right, dont ghetto rigg stuff.
                I understand what you are saying, fixing it properly would be the good way to go, but would it really be that hard on it?

Comment

i believe there is a fan relay on driver side front fender in engine bay..do it right.if the fan was made to stay on all the time it would

Comment

Originally posted by cb7attack66 View Post
                    i believe there is a fan relay on driver side front fender in engine bay..do it right.if the fan was made to stay on all the time it would
                    I will definetly look into this, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cb7Black9192 View Post
                      I understand what you are saying, fixing it properly would be the good way to go, but would it really be that hard on it?

It would probablybe faster to fix it rather than wire up a relay.
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

The cooling fan timer unit mounted inside the car near the driver’s footwell could be causing an issue as well in terms of fan function. I’d check that too.
                        MRT's:
                        2001 Acura CL
                        1991 Honda Accord SE

Originally posted by Bad_dude
                        If you turn it all the way counter clockwise, you activate the after burner full throttle. Lol. Then when you press it, boom, fast as the T-Mobile data plan chic.

Comment

Haha... Never thought I'd ever see another Scotian on here n BAM!... 2 on the first sighting.
                          4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

Originally posted by Binladin View Post
                            Haha... Never thought I'd ever see another Scotian on here n BAM!... 2 on the first sighting.
                            Welcome aboard, where are you from?

Comment

Halifax, the city where pigs flash their lights as they please to run a red light and cut you off just to get to the donut on the other side.
                              4000watts just so all the haters hear me comin!

Comment

Working...
                              X