Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22/H23 head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22/H23 head?

Can anybody tell me what this is, i believe it to be either an H22 head or an H23 head, obv non v-tech

casting numbers are p14a-1
    other numbers on there next to it says, hff 1 i think cant really read it but then followed by b 5.

here are the pictures,

Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

h23

Comment

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
      Can anybody tell me what this is, i believe it to be either an H22 head or an H23 head, obv non v-tech
      The acronym is VTEC and there is no such thing as a Non VTEC H22.

Originally posted by esskater892 View Post
      casting numbers are p14a-1
      P14 = H23A1
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

thanks,
        no i have more questions.
        is it worth putting on an f22 bottom end? like is there any real power gain? stock or slightly modified bottom end(11:1 compression and h-beam rods for the bottom end)

also i know that it is DOHC, so i believe that i would have to swap the computer right? could be wrong there, but what about the belt pulleys? they would need to be swapped to the h23 ones right. and would the crank shaft be able to stay the stock f22 crank?

shit i may just see if i can sell the dam thing.
        Accord SE

93se
        Members Ride
        Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak

Comment

just save ur money nd get the h22 ... i dont think u can put a h23 head on f22 block

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...swap+F22+block

i found this.

but it seems to be pretty much taking an f22 block and replacing it with all h23 internals making it almost pointless to do just cause you would have alot of stock parts to replace n would be a rebuild pretty much.

however i do think it would be cool to have a f22 block with the h23 head if the cams n valves were replaced and the block had upgraded pistons and rods. h23 crank would be needed tho.

If anyone wants to chime in and has knowledge on the power benefits of the h23 head on the f22 that would be nice lol.

EDIT ok so i read it a little closer, you replace the crank pulley not the actual crank. MY BAD BRO!
            Last edited by esskater892; 05-30-2012, 05:49 PM.
            Accord SE

93se
            Members Ride

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
              The acronym is VTEC and there is no such thing as a Non VTEC H22.

P14 = H23A1
              just saw this lol i always mess the vtec and vtech up haha! Freudian slip.
              Accord SE

93se
              Members Ride

Comment

Just to clarify some things here...... the crank and rods from the F22 and H23 are the exact same..... part number match. Oil pan oil pickup you name it. Difference between the two is that the H23 block has 87mm bore FRM sleeves and the F22 is 85mm bore iron sleeves. So the pistons are different and some of the other castings on the block itself. Cylinder head bolts are the exact same as well. that's why we use H23A1 ARP head studs.

If you already have the H23 head and the F22 block I would go with the swap. You would basically have the same setup as a JDM DOHC F22B.
                Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-30-2012, 06:20 PM.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

non v-tec lol.

well i may do this as a side project for fun but i gotta finish my current one first.

thanks for the info!
                  Accord SE

93se
                  Members Ride

Comment

Just to clarify some things here...... the crank and rods from the F22 and H23 are the exact same..... part number match. Oil pan oil pickup you name it. Difference between the two is that the H23 block has 87mm bore FRM sleeves and the F22 is 85mm bore iron sleeves. So the pistons are different and some of the other castings on the block itself. Cylinder head bolts are the exact same as well. that's why we use H23A1 ARP head studs.

If you already have the H23 head and the F22 block I would go with the swap. You would basically have the same setup as a JDM DOHC F22B.
                    i have to dissagree on this...and here is why..the h23 head has 87 mm cylinder bore on the head.with this head on the f22 block with 85mm the compression now changes due to bigger chambers thus dropping the compression some..probably from 8.8:1 to 8.5:1.vs the actuall f22b dohc's 9.3:1.so im my opinion you would loose power with the h23/22 frank.and no its not perfect for boost eaither cause its still stock pistons...

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                      i have to dissagree on this...and here is why..the h23 head has 87 mm cylinder bore on the head.with this head on the f22 block with 85mm the compression now changes due to bigger chambers thus dropping the compression some..probably from 8.8:1 to 8.5:1.vs the actuall f22b dohc's 9.3:1.so im my opinion you would loose power with the h23/22 frank.and no its not perfect for boost eaither cause its still stock pistons...
                      OK so keep it N/A, bore the F22 out to 87mm and get some H23/H22 pistons. Very simple build solution. Plus you're now up to 10:1 or 11:1 CR, so it would actually be better than the F22B.

These builds nor the specs for them are new. There are tones of them out there! Just becuase they aren't on CB7 tuner or H-T doesn't mean they aren't out there. Most of the Honda guys I know around my area hate forums, becuase of all the misinformation posted! Most of them race on a weekly basis and rebuild their engines during the week and are not on a big budget. I trust their knowledge base!
                      Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-30-2012, 09:59 PM.
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...t=frankenstein

The only way I would do this is if the block was bored to match. Ghost, with what I know you to know about Honda engines it's really surprising to see you supporting this given that there is no real reason to do it other than the aesthetic appeal to popping your hood. The F22AX head flows really well, is already matched to the bore and if you own a '90-'93 Accord is conveniently free. There is not an argument with any engineering behind it that I've heard defending a headswap where the combustion chamber diameter is larger than the cylinder bore.
                        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Actually the H23 head flows pretty well in stock form. It flows on par with a stock PT3 casting @ high lift. The H23 actually flows better at low lift. The PT3 has some of the lowest low lift flow numbers. People have to get the PT3 F series head flows better then the rest crap out of their heads. Sure it flows better, but only after putting $500-$1000 worth of porting into it. The F22A (PT3) casting has great flow potential is what I think you meant to say.

Also the ability to tune both intake and exhaust cams for different duration is a good thing. The OP obviously has the parts laying around. Why not tinker? All it takes is a quick trip to the machine shop for a bore-n-hone and the different size combustion chamber is no longer a concern.
                          MR Thread
                          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

OK so keep it N/A, bore the F22 out to 87mm and get some H23/H22 pistons. Very simple build solution. Plus you're now up to 10:1 or 11:1 CR, so it would actually be better than the F22B.

These builds nor the specs for them are new. There are tones of them out there! Just becuase they aren't on CB7 tuner or H-T doesn't mean they aren't out there. Most of the Honda guys I know around my area hate forums, becuase of all the misinformation posted! Most of them race on a weekly basis and rebuild their engines during the week and are not on a big budget. I trust their knowledge base!
                            i didn't disagree completely just as a stock vs stock form vs a stock block f/h frank build. that's what he is trying to do.it would be worth it if he did build it before he put it in.in my opinion the money and time to swap the h23 head could easy get you a f22b dohc full motor...

my new turbo build

Comment

wow, that is alot of great information, n ya i will prob mess around n see what i can do, but first im gonna go look around and see what i can find about frank builds.

this seems like a pretty sweet n not to costly build to do.
                              Accord SE

93se
                              Members Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X