Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22-SOHC Vtec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22-SOHC Vtec?

I was on CL and was looking for something when I came across an sohc F22 vtec engine ?

Is there such thing as that? Or just an error
    If there is such thing wouldn't that mean that it is a direct head swap to the f22a series?

I always though there was the f22a sohc that comes stock in our cars (non vtec only)
    And then the F22b which are the dohc

f22b1 VTEC and f22b2 non-VTEC are 5th gen accord engines both SOHC.
    MadLab Racing
    Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
      f22b1 VTEC and f22b2 non-VTEC are 5th gen accord engines both SOHC.
      I thought 5th gens were f23?

Comment

Originally posted by ErMMaC View Post
        I thought 5th gens were f23?
        Nope, 6th gen.
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
          Nope, 6th gen.
          O ok thanks for clarifying that

So then that f22 sohc vtec is just an f22b series engine pretty much?

Comment

Originally posted by ErMMaC View Post
            O ok thanks for clarifying that

So then that f22 sohc vtec is just an f22b series engine pretty much?
            Your a little confused, the F22B is a JDM DOHC. The F22B1/2's are USDM SOHC engines. They are very similar to the F22Ax's, except the F22B1 has VTEC.
            Last edited by dj_ender; 05-29-2012, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Your a little confused, the F22B is a JDM DOHC. The F22B1/2's are USDM SOHC engines. They are very similar to the F22Ax's, except they have VTEC.
              F22B2 didn't have vtec.

Comment

Originally posted by Leung View Post
                F22B2 didn't have vtec.
                Shhhh

Comment

Your a little confused, the F22B is a JDM DOHC. The F22B1/2's are USDM SOHC engines. They are very similar to the F22Ax's, except the F22B1 has VTEC.
                  Wow I really was confused, but yeah I knew there was a DoHc f22b just wasn't sure which one

Comment

The F22B1 (VTEC) is crap compared to the F22A. SOHC VTEC is pointless. Intake valves only.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      The F22B1 (VTEC) is crap compared to the F22A. SOHC VTEC is pointless. Intake valves only.
                      Really? so is that only the F22B1 or All SOHC VTEC, Intake Valves Only.? I was debating which to go with Single or Dual OHC but,... I see a lot of peeps with H22 swaps.

Comment

All SOHC VTEC systems are like that (current models may not be... I believe my L15A is SOHC with both intake and exhaust... but that's a very different engine...)

The F22B1 has intake-only VTEC, restrictive ports, crappy valve angles... that engine is only good for reliability and efficiency (and for that, it's very good.)

If you want to swap, get an H22A. It's popular because it's the most power you're going to get in a swap for the least amount of money. It's easy to find, easy to repair, and available in the US, so you can find replacement parts at Honda dealerships and autoparts stores.
                        Don't worry about being unique... you drive one of the most popular cars on the road.

Comment

Working...
                        X