Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

vtec not cracking hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vtec not cracking hard

I have a h22a and when my vtec cracks at 5200 i can bairly feel it and i know its supposed to hit harder then what is is. What could cause this?

You're not supposed to, vtec in stock form should be a smooth power transaction not a crack, kick or mmmmmmmmm baaaaWAAAAAAAAAAAA.
    Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 05-26-2012, 02:01 PM.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Ok well im pretty new to this and i was told that when you have a chipped ecu that it kicks hard and i know my ecu is chipped. So is it still smooth transistion

Comment

"chipped" how? If it's not TUNED, then you could be doing damage.

VTEC isn't supposed to "crack". As said, it is supposed to be a smooth transition for the most effective powerband. Honda set the H22's crossover point a bit high at around 5200-5400 RPM so people would feel that kick and buy Preludes. It is not an ideal power curve. Setting it higher with your "chipped" ECU will make the kick more prominent... but it will also create one hell of a dead spot in the powerband before the crossover.

Comment

Ohhhh ok then i think mine kicks in at 5000 i was told 5200 when i got it but it looks sooner on the rpms cuz i can feel my car accelerate faster but iv heard people say it puts you back in your seat

Comment

My vtec on my f20 is at 5000 its a nice smooth transition I like it were its at. But if you have mods to your car vtec will hit hard. But if you just have a I/H/E its still a stock engine.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by alekp92jdm View Post
              Ohhhh ok then i think mine kicks in at 5000 i was told 5200 when i got it but it looks sooner on the rpms cuz i can feel my car accelerate faster but iv heard people say it puts you back in your seat
              Not really. Set at a the stock crossover point, you feel bit of a jolt, and you hear the change... but it's not a huge push.

Comment

Its more an audible than it is physically felt thing. A SRI will make it quite noticeable when the cam profile changes as for sound.

Actually you'll fell more of a "push" difference in an ignition timing adjustment than when VTEC is activated. A good example(on my car at least) is during WOT acceleration from 2k-4k, theres a noticeable bump in the cars acceleration as it crosses over 2800 rpm's. Thats because it advances ignition timing a few degrees there(how much im not really sure) but I don't feel VTEC "kick in" in my accord(f22a1) or an In-laws S2000. Although the sound the engine makes changes a good bit.

As been said before it should be a smooth transistion, and aside from what you notice as sound goes you should not "feel" it push harder so much as it just continue to push hard untill almost redline. If you did infact feel it then the engaugement is not smooth and should be adjusted along with ignition timing so the car doesnt get surges of power, that causes small upsets in handling which is bad(handling wise). Personally I think some tuners will "tune" a car for a hard engaugement(with setting the point lower and adding a good bit of ignition advance at the same time) to give people the ilusion that they have a "better tune".

Comment

Isn't 2800rpm around where the IAB opens as well?

Comment

Think it's around 4-4.2k on the A6's. Did you mean b1 MortsAccord?

02 Crv
                    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                      Yes, on the F22A6, IAB's open @ around 4K.
                      Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                        Yea, on my f22b1 there's an ignition adjustment in the 2-3k area. I don't believe the b1 has iabs.

Comment

Working...
                        X