Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ingalls adjustable ball joint camber kits suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sepulveda87 View Post
    just buy skunk 2 upper control arms camber kit for a 88-91 civic or integra.
    This is defeating the entire purpose of the kit. Why would he want all that silly ass camber, even with those EF kits adjusted all the way out you still look like a jackass.

He could have just ran no kit at all if hitting was his only concern.

Comment

but if he is lowered like he is saying and the camber kit doesnt give hime enough (-) camber and still hits, then this would work for him.

@flatrex, do research on the skunk 2 if you wanna cure the hitting, but you will be at least -3/-4, get your toe and caster aligned and the tires should last longer. (-) camber does effect tire tread longevity, but not as much as alot of people think.

Comment

if he slammed his car that low then he is an idiot

Comment

but if he is lowered like he is saying and the camber kit doesnt give hime enough (-) camber and still hits, then this would work for him.
          He's trying to correct his negative camber not create more. Using those EF kits only give you negative camber, they don't help out AT ALL with what he's trying to accomplish.
          @flatrex, do research on the skunk 2 if you wanna cure the hitting
          What are you talking about bro why would he spend money on that kit, like I said if he wanted to get rid of the hitting all he would have to do is run no kit. What he wants is to correct his negative camber (created by lowering his car) by using the camber kit but he also wants the kit not to hit the shock tower.

I'm not sure why you keep trying to promote them bullshit Skunk2 EF kits when they don't even belong on CB's. The only people that use those kits on CB's are the ones that want negative camber, usually due to the fact they are trying to achieve "stance". That kit will in no way shape or form help him do what he trying to do.

Comment

Do what I did:

I'm using anchor bolt kits on my CD5 though...
            MRT: http://www.cd5tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=5748

Comment

I have the same camber kit. My UCA hits if I hit a hard bump or hole. If you raise your car a bit it could help. Not something a lot of people want to do.

You could go with the skunk2 kit however you will have still have negative camber.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani Filth View Post
                if he slammed his car that low then he is an idiot
                what wrong with being dumped? "Not slammed".

we are here to give opinions, not offend each other by calling some one a "idiot".

Comment

what wrong with being dumped? "Not slammed".

we are here to give opinions, not offend each other by calling some one a "idiot".
                  i dont understand why every one is haveing this problem . i did my hole car 3 to 4 inch drop not a lot but there is a little tire tuck with no hitting . i used eibach for the front and for the rear i used megan this alowes my to have -1 in the front and -1 in the rear . nothig hits .
                  this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                  How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                  Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

-1 degree seems to be the magic number. The founder of this site, accordtunerx, was the first one to find that it works for a REASONABLE drop (he was on Neuspeed Race springs at the time, I believe) and seems to do minimal damage to tires (keeping an eye on the inside is still encouraged, though...)

As for that comment above about being slammed like an idiot... I agree that it was a bit harsh, but honestly... a car that is so low that safe handling is compromised is a very dangerous thing, and I would agree that anyone who chooses to make their car unsafe to look cool is an idiot. If there's not enough suspension travel for the shocks to be effective, the car might as well have no shocks at all (and MANY of the "dumped" people on this site are riding on shocks that aren't meant to be lowered AT ALL!) True race suspensions (none of which are made for our chassis, to my knowledge) are designed to sit that low. Nothing we have available is up to the task.
                    These are 1.5 ton death missiles we're driving around. If your "performance upgrades" result in you being less able to maintain control of that machine, you have no business operating it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      -1 degree seems to be the magic number. The founder of this site, accordtunerx, was the first one to find that it works for a REASONABLE drop (he was on Neuspeed Race springs at the time, I believe) and seems to do minimal damage to tires (keeping an eye on the inside is still encouraged, though...)

As for that comment above about being slammed like an idiot... I agree that it was a bit harsh, but honestly... a car that is so low that safe handling is compromised is a very dangerous thing, and I would agree that anyone who chooses to make their car unsafe to look cool is an idiot. If there's not enough suspension travel for the shocks to be effective, the car might as well have no shocks at all (and MANY of the "dumped" people on this site are riding on shocks that aren't meant to be lowered AT ALL!) True race suspensions (none of which are made for our chassis, to my knowledge) are designed to sit that low. Nothing we have available is up to the task.
                      These are 1.5 ton death missiles we're driving around. If your "performance upgrades" result in you being less able to maintain control of that machine, you have no business operating it.
                      see i dont have that problem . i still make it over speed bumbs going strate . and coners like a dream . it is very responsive now .
                      this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

What are you dropped on? From your sig, you look really low.

Comment

What are you dropped on? From your sig, you look really low.
                          koni yellow struts , skunk 2 springs , eibach front camber , rear camber kit megan ,tire size 205/50/r17 . it will scrape just a little bit going straght over speed bumps but thats the mud flaps . not drive over like this / like this 1 the one is straght the othere is how most hafto go over . this is me 1 .
                          Last edited by Accord problems; 06-12-2012, 10:08 PM.

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Ah, ok. Yeah, you have pretty much the best you can get for a low stance. That explains it. (though I hate Skunk2, the Konis can handle them)

Comment

Ah, ok. Yeah, you have pretty much the best you can get for a low stance. That explains it. (though I hate Skunk2, the Konis can handle them)
                              it seams to handle good for me . my wife dont bitch to much lol.

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

i took your advice and got what i could with my mony . and then after takeing some more from you of some one els thread and put it in my signature .

Car safety checks

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Working...
                                X