Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Bird chirping niose from under the hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bird chirping niose from under the hood

I have a bird chripping noise coming from under my Hood. What does that noise mean? Its driving me crazy.

Originally posted by dukie12 View Post
    I have a bird chripping noise coming from under my Hood. What does that noise mean? Its driving me crazy.
    Could be a belt, maybe your alarm horn freaking out, hell, you could actually have a bird in there!
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

mostlikely alt belt.
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

I had a sound that I described as sounding like a bunch of little birds. It turned out to be my throwout bearing failing. It stopped after a week or two, and nothing happened for months... then the bearing seized.

Comment

I've heard this from a spark plug wire not being in all the way

Click For MRT

Comment

it means pop the hood while the cars running and look/listen. probably a belt..

Comment

Ok I heard its probably a belt, but I can assure you its not a bunch of birds stuck under my hood.

Comment

Whats the best way to find out which belt it is?

Comment

Well, unless your car is a DX, you have two belts that you're able to see. The power steering belt, and the alternator belt, both of which are on the drivers side of the engine. More than likely the tension on one of these belts is slack or too tight, causing the chirping. Check to see if the belts are fully on the pulleys as well as the condition of them. Any rips, tear, scratches, etc. could indicate it's rubbing on something. Strange though, I would describe those belts as a high pitched squealing noise, not chirping. I hope the fix is as easy as playing with the tensioner for you, and not something more difficult.

Comment

Whats the best way to find out which belt it is?
                    be like "yo belt whys you bitchin all da time" then ask the other one, which ever one flinches, bust that sucka in the chops.. no. have you even popped the hood yet and checked???? seems like you havnt. Pop the hood, tug on the belts (WHILE THE CARS OFF) you should have a little play like 1/4 an inch. Yours might be loose or might be worn, they have this spray that is tacky you can spray on it and see if the problem goes away...... Go get dirty

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                      be like "yo belt whys you bitchin all da time" then ask the other one, which ever one flinches, bust that sucka in the chops.. no. have you even popped the hood yet and checked???? seems like you havnt. Pop the hood, tug on the belts (WHILE THE CARS OFF) you should have a little play like 1/4 an inch. Yours might be loose or might be worn, they have this spray that is tacky you can spray on it and see if the problem goes away...... Go get dirty
                      I lol'd.......a lot!
                      Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

ok thats what I told plus more, thanx for the input.

Comment

You could always replace the belts as well... they're most certainly old and worn. Even if it's not the cause of the problem, it's maintenance that needs to be done anyway.

Comment

Might also be the distributor. If it's making noise, or if there's reddish dust under the cap, replace it ASAP.

Comment

i heard a similar sound in my first accord when my harmonic balancer went bad

Comment

Working...
                              X