Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need to identify a component under the hood..car consuming fuel like crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to identify a component under the hood..car consuming fuel like crazy

P.S: the picture below is not for my car but this hose is common in all CB7s

Dear CB7 Tuners,

I need to identify this component ( hose) running from PGM-FI to the engine cannot find a name for it in my CB7 service manual and it seems I am missing something from it ( at its red end cap ) and the car is consuming fuel like crazy.
    Kindly check the arrow pointing to this unknown ( for me ) component. What is it ?! what is its purpose !? can I have a picture of the inside ?! does it have a spring ?!?

Last edited by EsperHamid; 05-17-2012, 10:25 PM.

PCV Valve breather hose.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
      PCV Valve breather hose.
      Thx Cloud for replying, but what is its purpose and it seems I am missing a part from it not from the hose but from its red plug end, do you have an inner picture of it ?! I think it as a pin inside and something else that is missing.
      I want to look for it on the market but would like to know what's inside the plug.

if something is missing from it, will it cause the car to burn more fuel or burn it faster.

Comment

This explains it quite well:
        http://autos.yahoo.com/maintain/repa...ques079_1.html

Comment

Originally posted by EsperHamid View Post
          P.S: the picture below is not for my car but this hose is common in all CB7s

Dear CB7 Tuners,

I need to identify this component ( hose) running from PGM-FI to the engine cannot find a name for it in my CB7 service manual and it seems I am missing something from it ( at its red end cap ) and the car is consuming fuel like crazy.
          Kindly check the arrow pointing to this unknown ( for me ) component. What is it ?! what is its purpose !? can I have a picture of the inside ?! does it have a spring ?!?

The red cap is capping a vacuum line that was connected to the intake tube, but it's not needed with your AEM intake. It's fine. Neither of the issues you rise will cause your car to burn fuel like crazy. Do you have a check engine light on?
          Originally posted by Mishakol129
          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            @deevergote, thanks for the explanation ... exactly as being said in the explanation, I have an orifice but I think it is missing a spring, that's why I wanted a peak in picture to know if there are missing components from it other than the spring and in which way should the orifice go.

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
            The red cap is capping a vacuum line that was connected to the intake tube, but it's not needed with your AEM intake. It's fine. Neither of the issues you rise will cause your car to burn fuel like crazy. Do you have a check engine light on?
            @dj_ender, by burning fuel, I mean consuming too much fuel and that picture above is not for my car, I used it from the forum here to pin point the hose name ... so I don't have an AEM. As for a CEL yes I have code 12 and code 15 ,,, I think code 15 is related to my oil leak thread and specifically to the Dizzy that the mechanic opened if you remember.

I remember you told me to re-time the dizzy but still I don't know how, I already read the service manual and still didn't understand how to re-time the dizzy.
            Last edited by EsperHamid; 05-14-2012, 04:27 PM.

Comment

@deevergote, thanks for the explanation ... exactly as being said in the explanation, I have an orifice but I think it is missing a spring, that's why I wanted a peak in picture to know if there are missing components from it other than the spring and in which way should the orifice go.

@dj_ender, by burning fuel, I mean consuming too much fuel and that picture above is not for my car, I used it from the forum here to pin point the hose name ... so I don't have an AEM. As for a CEL yes I have code 12 and code 15 ,,, I think code 15 is related to my oil leak thread and specifically to the Dizzy that the mechanic opened if you remember.

I remember you told me to re-time the dizzy but still I don't know how, I already read the service manual and still didn't understand how to re-time the dizzy.
              Have you pulled and cleaned the EGR valve (CEL12) and CEL15 is either the igniter or coil, I can't remember which one for sure, both of which can be tested at most AutoZone's.

This video will help, but the timing window is in a different spot on an Accord. There should be a rubber plug right above the flat spot on the block where it shows your engine code, ie. F22A1

Last edited by dj_ender; 05-14-2012, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Have you pulled and cleaned the EGR valve (CEL12) and CEL15 is either the igniter or coil, I can't remember which one for sure, both of which can be tested at most AutoZone's.

CEL 12 <== is it the EGR valve or EGR passages that need to be cleaned ?! in my accord 90 ex the passages need to be drilled, so I still didn't do it.

as for code 15 yeah I think because the mechanic opened the Dizzy ... can this be solved or I need to replace the dizzy? car starts but there's a little cuffing sound from the igniter first.

I don't have auto zone where I live.
                Last edited by EsperHamid; 05-14-2012, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Instead of trying to determine whether or not the PCV valve is broken just go by a new one. There's a good chance it hasn't been replaced before anyway. At less than $3 from your local parts store it's one of those rare instances where throwing parts at it is a good idea.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

This video will help, but the timing window is in a different spot on an Accord. There should be a rubber plug right above the flat spot on the block where it shows your engine code, ie. F22A1
                    thanks for the video, I watched it, mine is an F22A4 accord 90 EX, so where should it be ?!
                    yeah yeah yeah that rubber shaped plug near F22A4 Plate ,If I remove it I should see the drive plate ?! right ?
                    Last edited by EsperHamid; 05-15-2012, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                      Instead of trying to determine whether or not the PCV valve is broken just go by a new one. There's a good chance it hasn't been replaced before anyway. At less than $3 from your local parts store it's one of those rare instances where throwing parts at it is a good idea.

I'll buy one no problem but I didn't know its name hence the thread title ... I only asked for a snapshot to know what's inside and how it works

So technically that red cap is the PCV, does it come alone or with the breather hose as one unit ?!
                      ================================================== ============
                      One more thing, I have the idle problem too,especially when trying to move between 20 Km/h => 60 Km/h till 80 Km/h
                      On high speeds I have no problems .... as I read the threads it seems I should clean the FITV but while I tried to remove the cap, I wasn't able to unscew the mounting screws they're too tight !! is there anything I can do to unscrew them without damaging the plate ?! tried WD-40 no success.

Note: i was trying when the engine was cold.

Thanks.
                      Last edited by EsperHamid; 05-18-2012, 04:50 AM.

Comment

thanks for the video, I watched it, mine is an F22A4 accord 90 EX, so where should it be ?!
                        yeah yeah yeah that rubber shaped plug near F22A4 Plate ,If I remove it I should see the drive plate ?! right ?
                        Yes, thats where you point the timing light to see the timing marks.

I'll buy one no problem but I didn't know its name hence the thread title ... I only asked for a snapshot to know what's inside and how it works

So technically that read cap is the PCV, does it come alone or with the breather hose as one unit ?!

Thanks.[/B]
                        No, the red cap in your pic is just a vacuum cap. The red arrow points to the PCV, and Jarrett's right, just replace it, it's like $3 at any store, could probably use being replaced anyways.

Comment

[QUOTE=dj_ender;2997661]Yes, thats where you point the timing light to see the timing marks.

No, the red cap in your pic is just a vacuum cap. The red arrow points to the PCV, and Jarrett's right, just replace it, it's like $3 at any store, could probably use being replaced anyways.
                          I wasn't referring to the red cap in the picture, but to the PCV in my car which has a red color. So technically it comes alone not with the breather hose right ?!

I also edited my previous post, can you please advise me on the question regarding the FITV ?!

Comment

[QUOTE=EsperHamid;2997841]
                            Yes, thats where you point the timing light to see the timing marks.

I wasn't referring to the red cap in the picture, but to the PCV in my car which has a red color. So technically it comes alone not with the breather hose right ?!

I also edited my previous post, can you please advise me on the question regarding the FITV ?!
                            Correct, when you buy the PCV valve there is no hose, just the valve. If you go to a parts store you can buy a foot of bulk gas line, I forget the size, and cut it to length.

As far as the FITV, the screws are usually hard to get off. I usually try to get my weight over them with a screwdriver, and loosen them that way.

Comment

[QUOTE=dj_ender;2997842]
                              As far as the FITV, the screws are usually hard to get off. I usually try to get my weight over them with a screwdriver, and loosen them that way.
                              Well I even tried today and put my weight still no luck !! they're way too tight .... if I warm up the car then try to remove them would that work ?! dangerous ?
                              Last edited by EsperHamid; 05-18-2012, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X