Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22a running hot n stumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a running hot n stumped

iv replaced hoses, thermastat, got the fans working and she still runs hotter than normal. idk what the deal is everything looks good. can anyone help me identify this problem?

When you say, "...got the fans working..." do you mean that the car ran without radiator fans for an extended period of time?

Have you bled the system?

Did you replace the water pump when you put the H22A in?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Are you sure the thermostat was installed the right way? Install it backwards and it won't allow coolant to pass. I've made that mistake myself.

Other than that, you may have a clog elsewhere, or even a failing water pump.

Comment

i drove the car for about a month with the fans not working but it was still kinda cold up here when they werent working nd idk understand "bled the system" iv never herd these terms before. nd the water pump i have not replaced i figured itd be good deevergote i couldnt tell you if i put it in right i just figured it went in one way lol.

Comment

I can barely understand what you are saying. Please use real words if you would like help fixing your car.

"bleeding the system" means getting all air out of the cooling system (to put it simply).
          Be sure you installed the thermostat correctly.

If you drove the car with no cooling fans, even in cooler weather, you may have caused damage.
          Check your oil to see if there's coolant in it (if it's milky, there is coolant in your oil.) Likewise, check for oil in your coolant.

Comment

when i first did the swap i noticed the gauges would jump everywhere temp gauge going cold to hot, mph gauge jumping 5-10 mph while driving, but then everything started leveling out so i though it was "normal" maybe its just electrical?idk. i would really like to resolve this problem as soon as possible cuz the last thing i need is my car breaking down at 110 degrese nd my daughter in my car

Comment

Nothing about that is "normal".

The speedometer jumping would be related to the VSS, most likely. It could also be a faulty ground, or a failing gauge cluster.

Comment

ok ill go check everything at get back to you thanks man

Comment

ok so i went out to my car nd was checking things out nd found a whole in my hose so i went and talked to my buddie nine duece and he said that could very well be the reason my car over heats. also, he said i have a coolent censor that needs attention that i can yank off any accord nd itl work(big plus) he also told me the reason my gauges were jumping was bc i have a bad ground somewhere so I am yet to seek that out.

Comment

Originally posted by H22znt View Post
                    ok so i went out to my car nd was checking things out nd found a whole in my hose so i went and talked to my buddie nine duece and he said that could very well be the reason my car over heats. also, he said i have a coolent censor that needs attention that i can yank off any accord nd itl work(big plus) he also told me the reason my gauges were jumping was bc i have a bad ground somewhere so I am yet to seek that out.
                    If you really want some help around here, you might want to put some effort in what you write. Do you know what the Shift key does when you hold it down and type a letter? Do you realize that a sentence should have some form of punctuation at the end of it?

Here are some more tips:

nd = and
                    idk = I don't know
                    i = I
                    bc = because

Are you really that lazy to type out the entire word? It looks like a third grader wrote what I just quoted.

Also, when you type, if a little red line is under the word, it usually means it is spelled wrong. Try right-clicking and selecting the correct spelling.

Take the time to type what it is you want to know and you just might get better responses and help from people in the know.

If you can defipher your last post, I would be glad to help.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
                      If you really want some help around here, you might want to put some effort in what you write. Do you know what the Shift key does when you hold it down and type a letter? Do you realize that a sentence should have some form of punctuation at the end of it?

Here are some more tips:

nd = and
                      idk = I don't know
                      i = I
                      bc = because

Are you really that lazy to type out the entire word? It looks like a third grader wrote what I just quoted.

Also, when you type, if a little red line is under the word, it usually means it is spelled wrong. Try right-clicking and selecting the correct spelling.

Take the time to type what it is you want to know and you just might get better responses and help from people in the know.

If you can defipher your last post, I would be glad to help.

Lol@ripping him about his english/typing and then asking him to 'defipher' his post.
                      Originally posted by wed3k
                      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Glad someone caught it!!!!!! LOL.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                        JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

deevergoat nd nine duece helped me out with it thanks though.

Comment

Originally posted by H22znt View Post
                            Talk about a run on sentence.
                            Originally posted by HardInThePaint
                            Girls should most definitely rep the shocker. Embrace the shocker.

Be one with the shocker.

My ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187897

Comment

Working...
                            X