Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

struts and springs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

struts and springs.

I just got a 92dx in march for my first car and i am thinking about lowering it. Does anybody have any sugestions on what kind of struts and springs i should get? the most i would want to lower it is 2 1/2in. ones that will lower it while keeping the ride smooth. Im new to this so sorry if this seems like a noob question. thanks for any replies.

Originally posted by k3v4n View Post
    I just got a 92dx in march for my first car and i am thinking about lowering it. Does anybody have any sugestions on what kind of struts and springs i should get? the most i would want to lower it is 2 1/2in. ones that will lower it while keeping the ride smooth. Im new to this so sorry if this seems like a noob question. thanks for any replies.
    here you go big guy
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318

Comment

i got skunk2 springs and struts and they work great!!!! the rides real firm and they are reasonably priced!!!! but as a smooth ride goes no you feel every bump in the road lol

Comment

Actually, Skunk2 suspension components for our cars are complete shit. Their springs and shocks aren't even properly matched to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Actually, Skunk2 suspension components for our cars are complete shit. Their springs and shocks aren't even properly matched to each other.
          ^^ i have heard this alot also... skunk2 suspension is junk

Comment

thanks cobrajet0123. Im still trying to figure out how to navigate this site so sorry if im askin questions. If i do lower it, should i also replace control arms or get a camber kit?
            Last edited by k3v4n; 05-12-2012, 07:02 PM.

Comment

You should get a camber kit if you lower the car. It should be a quality kit, such as SPC or Ingalls (the ONLY brands I would trust.) There are kits out there that are 1/3 the price, or less, that are very likely to break. I made that mistake myself, and nearly crashed at 65mph in the left lane of a 3 lane highway, at rush hour.

Comment

H&R sport cup kit, lower the spring perch to the last circlip notch and enjoy your new ride. no camber etc other crap needed either. 2.0 front 1.75 rear

Comment

A 2" drop is enough to warrant a camber kit. You WILL get camber wear with that drop, but it won't be as noticeable as it would be if you were "slammed" (which is terrible for handling anyway!) A camber kit is still recommended, but as long as you're mindful of the inside edges of your tires, you would be safe for a good while with just a good toe alignment. Just be aware that once the inside edges are worn, the tires are done... regardless of how much tread is left in the middle!

Comment

A 2" drop is enough to warrant a camber kit. You WILL get camber wear with that drop, but it won't be as noticeable as it would be if you were "slammed" (which is terrible for handling anyway!) A camber kit is still recommended, but as long as you're mindful of the inside edges of your tires, you would be safe for a good while with just a good toe alignment. Just be aware that once the inside edges are worn, the tires are done... regardless of how much tread is left in the middle!
                    agreed... a camber kit is definately going to be needed... and as deev said dont go the cheap way either... I too went with the cheap ebay crap and it broke on me as well.. be sure to do it right the first time... and also not to cut your springs.... I believe the best combo that you can get it a ground control coilover kit with some some tokico blues... you wont be disapointed, have variable ride height, still have a very comfortable ride

Comment

There's a few camber kits, some adjust a little, some alot. The only way to know what you need is to get an alignment. Then you buy what suits your need. Unless you find someone with the exact parts you are using then your only insight is the alignment.

You then install the kit to fix your camber and get it aligned again. This is the correct way to do things.

Comment

lol then I dismount my tires and put the inside to the outside.. honestly though theres hardly any camber issues..to the eyeball at least, except the back im guessing a degree or half.. when i get my car up on the rack Ill post some numbers, but the way its sitting now definitely doesnt warrant the added expense/potential problems (going cheap) of a camber kit

Comment

Wow guys thanks for the good advice. What are some good websites I can look at for these parts?

Comment

Originally posted by k3v4n View Post
                            Wow guys thanks for the good advice. What are some good websites I can look at for these parts?
                            the bay but research first for the brand you want, not just JDMriffic racing parts bodega

Comment

Spring rate is important. Height is important.
                              H&R and Neuspeed are the best spring options, Koni Yellows are the best shock options. Ebay has the H&R Cup Kit, and Neuspeed has their own version.

Comment

Working...
                              X