Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Things to check for when took curb to hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things to check for when took curb to hard

Today I hit a tall curb trying to avoid a accedent and know I scraped my tow hook and my rim took a nice gouge and a some tire anything else I should look for I know I prob threw my car out of Alighnment

Thanks

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Anything obviously bent. Damaged boots and bushings. Definitely get an alignment.

Comment

Maybe lca and bushings.

Checks for leaks and sqweaks loll

Comment

i found this while under the car no sqeeks or un usual problems

but i think this may be a problem what is it exactly

Do it once, do it right.
        Missing My
        Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

Your axle is busted. It looks like the passenger's side, which is the most often to break first. Your sway end link is old and it looks like missing pieces. The lower ball joint looks wet probably from the axle grease swinging.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
            Your axle is busted. It looks like the passenger's side, which is the most often to break first. Your sway end link is old and it looks like missing pieces. The lower ball joint looks wet probably from the axle grease swinging.

Il order some new sway bar links. The axle is new as of like jan or feb so il look at it I have a rack boot out there ... The ball joint looks okay no wobble of the tire while in the air my outer tie rod end I thought I broke but its tough I guess

Do it once, do it right.
            Missing My
            Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

The angle of the axle looks a little strange
              wat?

Comment

The boot on the outer part is busted and inner boot looks cracked. My boot broke when I hit a big pothole some time ago. Before that, the axle was still original and in good shape. Even if the axle is new, trauma will kill the boot. If you replace it recently then it should still be in warranty. Take that back and get a replacement. Most warranty usually 6 months.
                Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                  The boot on the outer part is busted and inner boot looks cracked. My boot broke when I hit a big pothole some time ago. Before that, the axle was still original and in good shape. Even if the axle is new, trauma will kill the boot. If you replace it recently then it should still be in warranty. Take that back and get a replacement. Most warranty usually 6 months.
                  Good luck.
                  can you buy a boot replacement kit? or do you just go get new axles?
                  visit vgruk

Comment

Originally posted by ryandavis33 View Post
                    can you buy a boot replacement kit? or do you just go get new axles?
                    I replaced the whole new axle. It's too messy with the boot. I was driving with the broken boot for 2 weeks so don't want to take a chance. I paid the shop $90 including parts.

Comment

Working...
                    X