Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Recomendations for a quiet exhaust system (Budget)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
    Just bought my WS2 from here, 505 shipped

http://www.jazzproparts.com/product....ex-lx-116-kh08
    You got hosed.

First you got here: http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/servlet/StoreFront

Then buy a ws2 muffler for about 200. When people sell em on ebay you can often "make an offer" a buddy of mine got his ws2 for 200 shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
      You got hosed.

First you got here: http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/servlet/StoreFront

Then buy a ws2 muffler for about 200. When people sell em on ebay you can often "make an offer" a buddy of mine got his ws2 for 200 shipped.
      hosed? lets break this down:

1. 120 for their crappy mild steel, 200 for their stainless. + shipping = 220

2. a WS2 muffler is NOT 200, more like 300 with shipping. Not to mention its "universal" so it won't be custom fit for the CB7 chassis.

3. You're still missing a resonator, Add 100 for a good quality one that the Apexi comes with.

4. How much to weld up all that? About 150 with flanges, gaskets, hangers and hardware.

What do you end up with?

I'll prefer to pay my 505 for my bolt on Apexi WS2 with a factory warranty, that'll come with all the hardware that I can install in my driveway thank you very much.
      Last edited by Losiracer2; 05-13-2012, 03:03 AM.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I bought mine a few years ago for 500 from OptionImports.com and got free shipping through DHL. I was so impatient that i even made a thread on here asking about them because i've never used them before.

well after looking for the website again, it seems like they went out of business because the website domain is available.

Comment

I feel like the WS2 shrinks down real small at some point. I would go crush bent custom.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

DO NOT buy from this place....I should've done my research prior, they called me back saying their website price was an "old price" and the new price would be 650. So i had them not charge my CC and cancel the order.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I'm not saying this happens all the time, but those "performance cats" and the like have a tendency to catch on fire because they don't last very long as Deev said. I learned that lesson the hard way. I had just had my H22 retuned for more power around this time last year and hit the strip that weekend against a Mustang and then BOOM. If the fire department had gotten there any later I would'nt be an active member here anymore. If you're going to replace your cat, go OEM or get a straight pipe of similar quality.

Just my .02
              '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
              If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

with a ws2, id honestly wouldnt even run a resonator...plus i don't like how low they hang.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
                  I'm not saying this happens all the time, but those "performance cats" and the like have a tendency to catch on fire because they don't last very long as Deev said. I learned that lesson the hard way. I had just had my H22 retuned for more power around this time last year and hit the strip that weekend against a Mustang and then BOOM. If the fire department had gotten there any later I would'nt be an active member here anymore. If you're going to replace your cat, go OEM or get a straight pipe of similar quality.

Just my .02
                  Was an egt (exhaust gas temperature) sender used with a wideband o2 by the tuner? Without an egt, your exhaust temps might have been un-naturally high. Also if you were running too rich it can cause problems.
                  PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

hosed? lets break this down:

1. 120 for their crappy mild steel, 200 for their stainless. + shipping = 220

2. a WS2 muffler is NOT 200, more like 300 with shipping. Not to mention its "universal" so it won't be custom fit for the CB7 chassis.

3. You're still missing a resonator, Add 100 for a good quality one that the Apexi comes with.

4. How much to weld up all that? About 150 with flanges, gaskets, hangers and hardware.

What do you end up with?

I'll prefer to pay my 505 for my bolt on Apexi WS2 with a factory warranty, that'll come with all the hardware that I can install in my driveway thank you very much.
                    Yea a ws2 is easily had for 200-220. Ebay, make an offer, talk to a seller. You kids don't know anything these days. If you pay retail for anything, your an idiot. Welding flanges on is cake. If you go to a shop and they charge you that.much for 5 welds and you pay it, again an idiot.

ws2, piping, a vibrant xq 18"resonator, with all hardware flanges and gaskets needed was right at 550-570 WITH shipping. I also guarantee I had a better fitment on the exhaust, and after it was assembled it got sanded and painted.

Mild steel is alumalized anyways, what are you crying about.

Cat delete 1 resi and a ws2 is all ya need. So quiet. Vibrant also.makes a ws2-like muffler, im sure its good enough for what the OP was looking for. Fucking ws2 is a big ole tank though. Kinda hard to position up to get tack welds on it without a lift.
                    Last edited by MortsAccord; 05-15-2012, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I have a a master flow muffler instead of a Cat and 3.5'' of pipe run to a small muffler in the back its really quite all u hear is the engine

Comment

A buddy of mine ran a Thrush Turbo muffler from Advance Auto Parts to quiet his Honda lol looked pretty OEM as well haha

Comment

Working...
                        X