Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Acceleration bogging down when hot outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acceleration bogging down when hot outside

Well now that summer is coming its starting to get rather blazing outside. The last couple of days it has been over 80 degrees out and the CB has been having issues accelerating from a dead stop. When I try to take off it bogs down slightly and then finally gets its act together and accelerates. It doesn't happen every single time I am at a stop but definitely happens enough times to trip on it. It only seems to happen when it pretty hot outside so the heat is some factor in it I believe. Would the fuel filter have anything to do with it? I have yet to change it but like I said it only happens when its hot and I would think if the fuel filter had anything to do with it the acceleration issue would happen regardless of the temperature outside.

I also searched the web and found some things about EGR port cleaning.
    http://www.freewebs.com/hondadude/95...5AccordEGR.htm
    I know its for a 5th gen but could this be my issue? Thanks.

I honestly don't know of anything that would cause bogging simply because it's warmer out. Heat could affect solder points on parts, like the main relay, but that won't usually cause a sporadic bogging like you describe. Warmer air also has less oxygen, so it could be messing with your air:fuel ratio, and a failing o2 sensor could be more obvious... those are my only thoughts.

Comment

Does it only do it once it's up to operating temperature?

Comment

If so, that's very likely pointing to the o2 sensor, as it's then operating in closed loop mode. Though I'm blanking on what other sensor feedback is used in closed loop mode as well...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Heat could affect solder points on parts, like the main relay, but that won't usually cause a sporadic bogging like you describe.
          Yes I thought of that as well. The main relay trips in the heat sometimes but it has different symptoms.
          Originally posted by Nezdude87 View Post
          Does it only do it once it's up to operating temperature?
          Yeah that seems to be the case. Like when I get up first thing in the morning and start it up and drive it doesn't do it. But once I get to driving around town and have it sitting out in the heat and drive it some more and whatnot, thats when it seems to act up.

Comment

Yeah, the main relay wouldn't cause bogging. If that acts up, the car just won't run.

Is your o2 sensor old? With bogging, the o2 sensor is always my first thought. There are other things that could do it (EGR is certainly a possibility), but the o2 sensor is by far the most common. Especially if it only happens once you're up to operating temperature.

Comment

I have the same exact problem as you right now. I wake up, it drives fine for a good 5-10 minutes, however long it takes it to warm up to operating temperature. Then I have to give it a little more fuel than normal and can sort of feel it clear up. I have a code for my O2 sensor and EGR valve. I've done some reading on this site and other random ones and the symptoms I have are directly related to both of those things. If I fix mine before you, I'll let you know if it cleared it up (I'm almost positive it will), but it may be a couple weeks since times are hard right now, haha.

Comment

Just be sure to use a Denso or NTK/NGK o2 sensor. Many autoparts stores will sell you a Bosch sensor, and they simply do not work. If you've been reading, no doubt you've read that plenty of times already!
                RockAuto.com has Denso sensors for $35, I believe. I need to get one myself!

I'd do the o2 sensor before the EGR if cost is an issue. The o2 sensor is more likely to cause noticeable issues, IMO.

Comment

I had these said bogging issues both on my previous Accord and the current Civic. A new oxygen sensor basically put them back on their feet.
                  Plus , my noobness back then I went with a Bosch sensor for the Accord. Bastard didn't even last 24 hours before it gave me a CEL code 1. Slapped in an NGK and it went well.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                  1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                  2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                  2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                  2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                  2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    I'd do the o2 sensor before the EGR if cost is an issue. The o2 sensor is more likely to cause noticeable issues, IMO.
                    Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
                    I had these said bogging issues both on my previous Accord and the current Civic. A new oxygen sensor basically put them back on their feet..
                    OK well then changing the O2 sensor it will be. I haven't changed that since I've owned the car anyways, couldn't hurt even if it isn't the issue.
                    Originally posted by Nezdude87 View Post
                    If I fix mine before you, I'll let you know if it cleared it up (I'm almost positive it will), but it may be a couple weeks since times are hard right now, haha.
                    Lol, well mines will definitely be done before a couple weeks, more like a couple of days for sure. I will update you and let you know if mine works correctly afterwards.

Comment

Working...
                    X