Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

approximate weight of h22 engine???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
    I see what you did there.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

make your life easier, just rent a small utility trailer from uhaul. The smallest one they have should be fine. Your truck has a receiver hitch right?

This way its far easier to load and unload; plus you don't have to worry about messing up your interior.
      1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I transported my A20A in the back of my friend's 1st gen Fit. I transported my other A20A in the back of my friend's F150.

Moving an engine on a pallet on and off of a pickup truck is SIMPLE if you have some long poles and two reasonably strong guys.

Comment

thanx for the help every one , i'm just gonna go for it ,i have a tarp to lay over my seats hopefully it'll go well and ill have that h22 in my cb7 in no time,

btw did i post this in the wrong place??? it seems like my post was moved??

Comment

Yes, it was moved from OT to the technical section by a moderator... which actually works in your favor. OT wasn't really the wrong place, but the question is technical enough to be posted in this section.

Anyway, i suggest removing your back seat, rather than putting the engine on it. The weight and sharp edges will probably do damage. I'd say remove the back seat, and maybe even the passenger seat, put an old tire on the floor for cushioning and stability, and you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
              about 700-760lbs.you should be fine i fit my motor and trans in the back seat of my 4dr..she squated some but was fine.
              Big block Chevy would be close to 700#s
              1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

Comment

My buddy stuffed two F20Bs in to his 2dr CB lol
                Took out the passenger seat to make room for one with the exhaust and intake manifold removed, and the other was in the trunk. I'm sure the expedition can handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Yes, it was moved from OT to the technical section by a moderator... which actually works in your favor. OT wasn't really the wrong place, but the question is technical enough to be posted in this section.

Anyway, i suggest removing your back seat, rather than putting the engine on it. The weight and sharp edges will probably do damage. I'd say remove the back seat, and maybe even the passenger seat, put an old tire on the floor for cushioning and stability, and you should be fine.
                  ok thanx i was just wondering and yes i did get an old tire lol i seen them do that at the local jy when they sell engines, thanx i will be heading out to buy my engine today after work , hopefully all goes well

Comment

Originally posted by ssondubs View Post
                    Yeah, big iron block. The older ones had iron heads even, didn't they?

Originally posted by BlitzCB7 View Post
                    My buddy stuffed two F20Bs in to his 2dr CB lol
                    Took out the passenger seat to make room for one with the exhaust and intake manifold removed, and the other was in the trunk. I'm sure the expedition can handle it.
                    Yeah, acclude91 showed up to a big meet with two engines AND a hoist. He was offering to sell the engines and do the swap right there during the 3 day meet (Nashville, I think it was... CB7tuner's first HUGE meet.) Although Pat had a tendency to do things that were seemingly impossible... the dude has a talent for that!

Comment

me and my 150 lb buddie carried a h22 nd tranny from the garage to porch(about 50 feet), it was heavy but didnt feel like no 700 lbs heavy lol

Comment

Originally posted by ssondubs View Post
                        Close but still not 700! I can move my 500 BB chev block around by myself. the block itself is lighter than a 350 block to be honest with you. Iron everything! Head, block and intake manifold. The intake manifold probably weighs more than both the heads.......wide block V8!

Based on current cast aluminum scrap prices. I'd put the bare block, head and intake @ 100-120lb
                        Last edited by GhostAccord; 05-12-2012, 01:47 AM.
                        MR Thread
                        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Deme_cb7 View Post
                          wait....... u fit an h22 in the back of ur cb7??? lol

it fit perfect

Comment

Working...
                          X