Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

tires for track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tires for track

hello,I have a 92 accord lx 5spd I swap out the f22a1 and swap on the h23A dohc non vtec. I went to the track for the frist time for me and the car with the h23a, I ran a 10.3 at 68mph on street tires now im running 10.6-10.8 my street tires suck. I wanted to know what is the best tires to buy for street and track. Oh im still using the f22a1 trans. I can buy tires just for track too if that will help any thank yall for any info

I am going to assume that's an 1/8th mile track.

Nitto makes good multipurpose tires.
    H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

You can get a pair of drag radials. There are a number of good brands, all of which will easily exceed your needs with a near-stock H23A1.

Be sure to take your suspension into consideration as well. Sticky tires are worthless if you can't keep them planted on the ground.

Comment

i planed on getting better motor mounts,and brakes, i just put new lowering spring and outer tie rods. i planed on ordering more suspension part soon too. and yes it a 1/8th. I do have a aem intake and 2.50in exhaust, I do what some better performance parts like cams cam gears,spring and value kit im plan on boosting later on down the road maybe 6-8 months but i like to get so parts that will work with boost. i heard some delta 272 cams would work but i dont anything about them but for tire can I run slick with out lsd

Comment

You have a LOT of research to do before you should even consider boosting. Far too much to get into in this thread, as it's far beyond the topic.

Comment

sorry deevergote, i didn't mean to go off topic i was just thinking what was in my head lol, but for tires for the track can i really use drag tires with out lsd i just what something that will hook yep good.

Comment

You can, yes... but everything works together. LSD will be a huge help, proper suspension will be a huge help (you said you got new springs... stock shocks?)

Comment

Working...
              X