Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Strut queston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strut queston

So today after visiting my uncle I noticed some squeeking in my suspention
    My right strut seems to be bouncing above the mount , in the hood area the strut is bouncing about a 2 fingers high what's up with my car is it a mount the car seem to ride the Same but I'm not sure if I have support from my strut anymore

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
    Do it once, do it right.
    Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
    Missing My
    White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
    Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

I'm really not sure what you're asking...

Comment

What I'm trying to ask is how do I know if a strut mount is bad , I know I should not have any of the strut in the engine compartment other than the bushing at the top il post pix tomarrow

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
      Do it once, do it right.
      Saving a dollar is not worth risking a life.
      Missing My
      White -91 LX Sedan - leather converted
      Mulberry 91 EX Sedan

The project 92

Comment

If the rubber is torn, the bushing is bad.
        If your shocks are original, then it's more likely that you have a blown shock than a damaged mount/bushing... but either is possible.
        Really, all you need to do is look at it. If looking at it while installed doesn't tell you anything, take it apart and look at it.

Comment

Youre gonna have to pull the strut and diagnose it. If you pull off the top hat and chunks of rubber fall out, well there ya go. If the strut goes down super easy or just never comes back up then bingo. Just gotta pull it. Shouldnt take more then 20mins.

Comment

Just be sure to use a spring compressor for safety... disassembling a shock/spring assembly is very dangerous without one. That top nut can be like a bullet, and you're going to be looking right at it as you remove it!

Comment

Also sounds like its possible that the nut isn't tightened all the way down on top of the strut hat. I've seen that nut back off a bit before on a friends civic. That'll cause the strut to rise up like that also. But...the bushing is also probably shot.

Comment

If I understand this post correctly, the strut mount is shot. The strut should not, as far as I know, move two inches (finger widths) [U]through[U] the top hat into the engine compartment. I could be wrong but would trust Deev as he has his facts straight on hondas

Comment

Working...
                X