Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Feels like no power steering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feels like no power steering?

Sup guys, i recently changed the clutch on the cb and after i was done i noticed that it feels as if i have no power steering anymore..? I didn't even mess with the steering. so what could this be?
    <-- LMFAO

Do you get a moaning sound from the pump when you try to steer? Check your fluid level and see if any foam is in the reservoir.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
      Do you get a moaning sound from the pump when you try to steer? Check your fluid level and see if any foam is in the reservoir.
      Yeaah it like moans but only sometimes when i make like wide turns? like Left turns.. other than that it feels like it hesitates to turn, used to turn smooth , now it feels like it gets stuck? and no foam in reservoir, fluids good.
      <-- LMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by rawb_dbap View Post
        Yeaah it like moans but only sometimes when i make like wide turns? like Left turns.. other than that it feels like it hesitates to turn, used to turn smooth , now it feels like it gets stuck? and no foam in reservoir, fluids good.

that was happening to me as well. i'd take a turn and wasn't even full lock. it sounded like it was tires squealing, but it wasn't. checked my fluid level, sure enough i was low. bleed the system and refill, go from there

Comment

Originally posted by stay cold View Post
          that was happening to me as well. i'd take a turn and wasn't even full lock. it sounded like it was tires squealing, but it wasn't. checked my fluid level, sure enough i was low. bleed the system and refill, go from there
          Thanks bro, yeah i thought it was a tire rub!!
          <-- LMFAO

Comment

Did you even look for an answer otherwise? Not even 24 hours before you made this thread, blk93 made a thread about no power steering right after a transmission change. It's almost EXACTLY what's going on here.

By any chance, is your speedometer/odometer acting up?

Either your VSS is damaged or incorrectly hooked up... or your pump is failing. If the pump moans, then it is on the way out for sure, but that may not be the issue at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Did you even look for an answer otherwise? Not even 24 hours before you made this thread, blk93 made a thread about no power steering right after a transmission change. It's almost EXACTLY what's going on here.

By any chance, is your speedometer/odometer acting up?

Either your VSS is damaged or incorrectly hooked up... or your pump is failing. If the pump moans, then it is on the way out for sure, but that may not be the issue at the moment.
              My bad Deev, took a look at his thread but I do not think it's thr VSS because my odometer/speedometer has been working perfect since i did the clutch job..? The only thing i have noticed is that sometimes when the car is sitting for a while (off) and i try to start it up, the engine jerks like when you pull a sparkplug wire off and the cars on, sounds like a v8..? Could that be anything related or is this just bringing me more problems to fix?
              <-- LMFAO

Comment

The way the engine is running shouldn't have any bearing on the function of the power steering, so it sounds like you have multiple problems.

If the VSS is good, and the power steering still doesn't seem to be working, then the pump itself may be failing.

As for the way it's running, check the condition of the spark plugs. That will tell you a lot. Make sure they're all in properly, and that the wires are all in the correct order. Then if it keeps doing it (and doesn't stop) check your valve timing and compression.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  The way the engine is running shouldn't have any bearing on the function of the power steering, so it sounds like you have multiple problems.

If the VSS is good, and the power steering still doesn't seem to be working, then the pump itself may be failing.

As for the way it's running, check the condition of the spark plugs. That will tell you a lot. Make sure they're all in properly, and that the wires are all in the correct order. Then if it keeps doing it (and doesn't stop) check your valve timing and compression.
                  I shall replace the VSS then and see what's up, thanks.
                  I do have oil in my plugs.. i already bought wires +plugs + gaskets. just need time to do the gaskets and stuff, is that why it does that?
                  <-- LMFAO

Comment

If the oil is getting into the combustion chambers, then it's a good possibility.

Comment

Working...
                    X