Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22 a series oil pumps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22 a series oil pumps.

as im building this f22 turbo engine,or shall i say starting fresh and trying it again.. im wondering about oil pumps. how well do the stock oil pumps work for turbo applications? or are there any higher flowing or performance pumps out there for our f22a series engines?

I installed a Endyn oil pump in my H.
    "Modified engines require oiling systems that are up to the task of supplying lubrication in demanding high rpm applications.

Our oil pump modifications reduce pump cavitation at extreme engine speeds and increase output by reducing losses, netting more power at the crank. Each pump is machined to achieve minimum rotor to case clearances, by-pass valves are clearanced to prevent binding, inlet and outlet passages are bored to larger diameters, tapered, radiused, and back-filled."

http://www.theoldone.com/components/..._oil_pumps.htm

Do some research to learn about the advantages of them. I've seen others simply use the OEM pump, depends on the HP you're going for too.

Comment

I'm pretty sure there's a DIY on modding the OEM pump for more flow on here somewhere, I've read it before.
      Originally posted by Mishakol129
      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

ahhh so these guys basically take a new OEM pump and bore it out huh?. interesting. thanks for the head start. i been googling just about everything i can think of in the way of oil pumps and performance pumps i can think of... im shooting for 3-400 hp range.

Comment

thanks for that info also dj ender.. that was my next question! lol . i recall seeing something about another brand used but i just cant seem to find it again... ill look in the DIY section for that oil pump mod though!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=183673

02 Crv
            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

I believe it was HondaFan81 that used a Toda oil pump, a brand that is supposed to be very good, and it failed on him. I may be wrong, but I think that's who and what it was...
              Be sure to do plenty of research on whatever pump you choose. Maybe even look up the Members Rides threads of the members with the most powerful engines on this forum (there's a thread listing them in the Turbo section) and see what they're running.

Comment

tnx deev.. will do... like DUH! why didnt i think of that

Comment

That's the one great thing about tuning a fairly common car... someone has probably done whatever it is you want to do already, so there's almost always a point of reference!

Comment

when i build my motor i used a brand new OEM honda oil pump. The important thing is to have a high quality OEM or Fluid Dampr crank pulley. It absorbs the vibration that destroys oil pumps.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                    member ride thread
                    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

you guys do know that the pumps dont make presure the move the oil in volume im just trying to share what i do know . here is a video link to some one who has a more smarts than me.

http://youtu.be/8f2fcbTh5yw
                      this was put together by evil_demon_01 . You can also fined all this and more by him in the Common Beginner Technical Info can be found in here. PLEASE READ HERE FIRST

Not this one though.1990 to 1993 accord fuel psi .

Car safety checks

Diagnose a Check Engine Light (also S/D4 transmission error codes)
                      How to Set Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx)
                      Cheapest Suspension Setup to Lower Your CB7

Fluid Capacities

Comment

Working...
                      X