Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

checking trans fluid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

checking trans fluid?

i have a manual trans and i was wondering where i can check the trans fluid at to see if i filled it too much...thanks

You should really purchase a Hayne's manual at the very least and know your capacities when changing fluids. If you're tight on money search this forum in the COMMON STICKIES, they're there for a reason!!

Here's an online service manual link
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140314

And here is the fluid capacities for your vehicle.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showpost...50&postcount=1

Comment

i know its 2qts .but it also sais to go til it fills up..and that was almost 3 qts...its been leaking for a day now and i want to make sure its not the seals

Comment

Originally posted by brand0n327 View Post
        i know its 2qts .but it also sais to go til it fills up..and that was almost 3 qts...its been leaking for a day now and i want to make sure its not the seals
        LOL, what "sais" to fill it up?

Vehicle capacities are given for a reason. You put 50% more than the capacity that is called for. Might as well stick 6 quarts of motor oil in on your next oil change.

If I remember correctly, there is a fill plug that is in the side of the transmission so that you cannot overfill it. I can't verify as I am currently at work but you could by clicking the link I gave you and downloading the proper service manual.

Comment

it wouldnt let me download it. and ive seen it on here when i searched. and honda tech. and it took over 5 qts of oil to fil my engine up. no balance shafts .so please dont be an ass when im asking a simple question.thanks

Comment

it wouldnt let me download it. and ive seen it on here when i searched. and honda tech. and it took over 5 qts of oil to fil my engine up. no balance shafts .so please dont be an ass when im asking a simple question.thanks
            I really wouldn't go over the recommended amount, oil or tranny fluid. You're just asking for problems.
            -Ian

'92 EX Coupe (Member's Ride Thread)

My Blog - Mostly snark about professional motorsports, but I occasionally make it to local and regional events. It's not much now, but I'm working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by LastToBrake View Post
              I really wouldn't go over the recommended amount, oil or tranny fluid. You're just asking for problems.
              i agree...i looked it up before buying the trans fluid and some one said 2.5 so thats why i bought 3 qts. its slowly pushing out...

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonRiderT6 View Post
                Vehicle capacities are given for a reason. You put 50% more than the capacity that is called for. Might as well stick 6 quarts of motor oil in on your next oil change.

If I remember correctly, there is a fill plug that is in the side of the transmission so that you cannot overfill it.
                Your statement contradicts itself.
                He is only asking if he overfilled the Trans.

OP - Fill it till it comes out the fill hole, that is how much it needs.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

okay thanks. and will it push out if its too full? because it looks like its pushing out by the speed sensor, all bots are tight though

Comment

okay thanks. and will it push out if its too full? because it looks like its pushing out by the speed sensor, all bots are tight though
                    It will come out the fill plug hole.
                    Do you know where the fill hole is? The 17mm bolt on the side of the diff housing.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                      Your statement contradicts itself.
                      He is only asking if he overfilled the Trans.

OP - Fill it till it comes out the fill hole, that is how much it needs.
                      I'm not contradicting myself, it's impossible to overfill the tranny if you use the proper method i.e. fill hole. He has no clue where it is so he obviously didn't bother opening a manual and went based off what "someone" said.

And to the me being an ass comment, buy a manual so you don't screw up your flippin car.

Comment

No balance shafts means add more oil? You have less rotating mass, there's no reason to increase the amount of motor oil you put in. Honda did the engineering and set the recommended amount for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                        X