Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a1 dohc!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92smokeaccord, I see what point you're trying to make but it doesn't really work. If I take an H22A1 head and put it on an F23A1 block what do I have? Nomenclature will tell you G23 or something like that. But that's not right. That's just what some idiot came up with one day and it stuck. To be technical, what would you actually have? A P13/PDE head on an F23A block. The title for an engine is to describe the sum of its parts. If it's not longer a complete unit then technically it can't be described as such. What you have for your setup is a PT2 head on an F22A block. It can't just be the average of the two names of the most major components. Not if you wanted to be technical, anyway.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Wow ok thanks for awnsering the question if there was a dohc f22a1. And I know there's nothing to really gain from going from sohc to dohc I said I liked dohc they look better I wasn't getting it because it was better for boosting I just want a dohc it looks harder than a sohc

Comment

Originally posted by all_accord View Post
        Wow ok thanks for awnsering the question if there was a dohc f22a1. And I know there's nothing to really gain from going from sohc to dohc I said I liked dohc they look better I wasn't getting it because it was better for boosting I just want a dohc it looks harder than a sohc
        The DOHC and SOHC are made of the same aluminum....
        Originally posted by Mishakol129
        Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            Originally posted by Mishakol129
            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

I do agree, DOHC looks cooler than SOHC... but the SOHC head is capable of flowing incredibly well, possibly better than the DOHC, even.

As for benefits of DOHC, if you ever get to the point where you understand how to adjust a camshaft, DOHC gives you control over intake and exhaust cams independently. SOHC controls both intake and exhaust valves with the same bumpstick, so if you advance one, you advance the other. If you retard one, you retard the other.

Comment

DOHC allows you to adjust the overlap (good for n/a) or lack of overlap (good for turbo) between the intake an exhaust valves, to do the same thing in a SOHC, you need a whole new cam.

One obvious benefit SOHC has over DOHC... less valve-train mass; and if you ever tire of the stock cam, you only have to buy one cam, not two.
                PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

I just bought a 92 prelude si 5 speed with an f22a1 dohc engine in it (which was rebuilt about 5000 miles ago). Now I know that this car did not come out with this type of motor and that there wasn't an f22a1 dohc made. So my question is what is the original motor supposed to be and does the engine that I have have an f22b head on it? And I was also wondering that if this is the wrong motor would that have any affect on the way the original transmission changes out, I've noticed the car has a hard time changing into 5th gear with a new clutch and pressure plate. Any help at all would be appreciated

Comment

Please don't resurrect 3 year old threads... people are going to be responding to the original post, not your continuation on Page 2.

The Prelude Si should have an H23A1 in it. The F22A1 came in the Prelude S, and was identical to the F22A1 found in the Accord... and it was SOHC. If you have an F22A1 block with a DOHC head, then you do indeed have a swapped head. Look for stamps on the head to identify it.
                    All transmissions are interchangeable between all F and H engines. They bolt right up to the block, and will shift exactly the same way. If you have difficulty shifting to 5th, it may be a clutch issue, a hydraulic issue, or an internal wear issue within the transmission itself.

Comment

Working...
                    X