Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Question on motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on motor mounts

I'm goin to order a pack of motor mounts and is says it's only for ex model. Is there a difference from a lx model and ex for the mounts?

Originally posted by CB7JDM4DOOR View Post
    I'm goin to order a pack of motor mounts and is says it's only for ex model. Is there a difference from a lx model and ex for the mounts?
    I think theyre all the same besides auto vs. manual. The only other thing might be the vacuum actuated rear mount (which is auto only flavor)

Comment

No, they are not all the same. EX mounts have a hydraulic rear. Order the proper mounts for your model. There is a difference between auto and manual as well.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        No, they are not all the same. EX mounts have a hydraulic rear. Order the proper mounts for your model. There is a difference between auto and manual as well.
        Yeah I said that already

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
        I think theyre all the same besides auto vs. manual. The only other thing might be the vacuum actuated rear mount (which is auto only flavor)
        my se has the vacuum hydraulic rear mount

Comment

my Se Has The Vacuum Hydraulic Rear Mount
          Se>ex>lx>dx
          wat?

Comment

Here's the auction where I got mine at. Seems only diff is auto vs. manual

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=390399467692

Comment

The rear motor mount bracket is different ex to lx.

You bought a ex mount, if you don't have a ex you will need to buy the bracket.

Here is a lx mount- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Standa...ff92f8&vxp=mtr
              Last edited by Sordz; 04-11-2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sordz View Post
                The rear motor mount bracket is different ex to lx I believe, you can put a lx bracket on a ex etc so worst case is you have to buy that.
                But that wouldnt be the motor mount, the mounts would fit into said bracket right.. whether theyre different or not

Item Description:
                  Brand New Engine Motor Mount.
                Ref OEM Number:
                Front Left: 50820-SM4-981 / 50820 SM4 981 / 50820SM4981
                DEA: A6512
                Rear : 50810-SV4-J82 / 50810 SV4 J82 / 50810SV4J82
                DEA: A6587
                Transmission: 50805-SM4-020 / 50805 SM4 020 / 50805SM4020
                DEA: A6509
                Torque Strut: 50830-SM4-A81 / 50830 SM4 A81 / 50830SM4A81
                DEA: A6519
                Position : Front Left, Rear, Transmission, Torque Strut.
                Please see compatibility chart.
                Warranty : One Year unlimited miles.
                Discount shipping on multiple items, please contact us for details.
                Fits to:
                1990 THROUGH 1993 HONDA ACCORD 2.2L AUTOMATIC MODELS.

Comment

You have an auto?

If manual you need a ex mount and ex bracket or lx mount and lx bracket. The link I gave you can see the lx mount is much shorter. I'm not familiar with auto's though maybe there all the same?

Comment

Yeah I said that already
                    Not clearly.

Comment

Not sure about anyone elses mounts, but my LX had the Vacuum my EX does not

Comment

Anchor 8011

rear motor mount, solid, non vaccuum

put it in my 90 LX to replace/eliminate the vaccuum operated mount
                        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
                          Anchor 8011

rear motor mount, solid, non vaccuum

put it in my 90 LX to replace/eliminate the vaccuum operated mount
                          damn I wish I knew about this one or came across it when researching. I wound up just filling mine with poly. I hope it works. Definitely jotting this down for next time...Thanks

Comment

yeah i would say ditch the hydro. most car places around me cant keep the hydro one in stock, one guy told me it seems like it goes out every six months

Comment

Dumb question i know but what is the vacuum for on the mount. My se hits reverse hard and im sure im going to have to replace it.

Comment

Working...
                              X