Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

86mm forged pistons in an f22a motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost, Julio has told me flat out that they won't reveal the specs on a certain product offering of theirs. Kind of odd seeing as it's an engine component. I don't want to go into that any further in the open though. It's not what this thread is about and it's just bashing.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

To be honest with you... paying $600 for a piston designed exactly for what you want. Will end up being better than trying to design an engine and tune around cheap pistons.

Jarett,

Bisi and the boys still think that they have the F22 market cornered with their products. If people actually looked around they would find that these products can be had from any other vendor. However, if you are looking for the off the shelf basic F22 stuff. You are not going to find any cheaper than Bisi...he buys in bulk based on the Accord/F22 nutswinger market.

There are other reasons for not giving out specs... His Pro valve springs would be one of them. And to be honest I really can't believe that they got away with another Header group buy!
      Last edited by GhostAccord; 04-10-2012, 10:22 PM.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
        To be honest with you... paying $600 for a piston designed exactly for what you want. Will end up being better than trying to design an engine and tune around cheap pistons.

Jarett,

Bisi and the boys still think that they have the F22 market cornered with their products. If people actually looked around they would find that these products can be had from any other vendor. However, if you are looking for the off the shelf basic F22 stuff. You are not going to find any cheaper than Bisi...he buys in bulk based on the Accord/F22 nutswinger market.

There are other reasons for not giving out specs... His Pro valve springs would be one of them. And to be honest I really can't believe that they got away with another Header group buy!
        Keeping secrets, or alluding to secrets that aren't REALLY secrets, are key in maintaining whatever edge Bisimoto has in the market. As long as F-series tuners see Bisimoto as the end-all in F-series tuning, they'll continue going to them. As long as Bisimoto's products continue to live up to at least MOST of the hype, I'm happy to assist them in this.

Comment

Secrecy as a marketing strategy I can understand. When it comes to dimensional information on components involved in assembling an engine I have more of a problem. It really just irked me the wrong way.

I have ultimate respect for Bisi and what he's done for the F-series community. Also, for a long while he was heavily active on forums relating to his interests and endeavors in the Honda scene. The parts they make are top-notch and have been proven to perform. But my experience with the company (not him personally) was not one that made me want to give them my business.
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I don't consider that leaky header Bisi sent to me as top-notch product.
            A&P-IA

Comment

Op, to answer your question, boring to 86mm is the perfect option. The block will be fine. Use a f23 headgasket. The reason why people go with 86 is the because you can bore and hone all 4 cylinders equally and have equal clearences on all 4 cylinders, something you can't get on a high milege 85mm bore. On forged pistons@15lbs 350whp is achievable.being that you're opting for 86mm bore is easier to find a cheaper piston option, and you don't have to break the bank on arias. Asking something like this will get you mixes responses, your initial idea will work, there's no need for sleeves, although a good cam and valvetrain is necessary
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

so i have elected to have wiseco build me a set of 85mm 9:1 pistons guys! im looking at 3-4 weeks so pics will come in time..

Comment

Might want to go with a set of 85.25mm or 85.5mm depending on the health of your current sleeves. It may be better to take them out a wee bit to get a fresh hone and proper piston to wall clearances.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

yes sir. thats what i did. figured i would get the closest clearances i can without boring it. pics and such coming soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X