Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wagon has no reverse lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagon has no reverse lights

Hey guys, blu35p4rr0w is back, this time with a 91 wagon the exact same color as my blue bomber. I picked it up for my sister yesterday and I'm starting to fix the wiring issues and do a tune-up. Plus I'm snatching the front strut bar and putting it on my sedan. Anyways this isn't really a problem it's more of a question because the tail light situation is confusing me. The wagon is the same year as my sedan(91), however the rear end looks like none of the wagons I see when I search the site for "wagon reverse light" There is no reverse lights at all from what I can tell. here's a pic that shows you what I'm talking about. I'll take a pic myself of the actual cb9 in question if that will help.

Looking at the picture above, you'll notice that there are only corner tail lights. The hatch is solid metal with no lights at all apart from the 3rd brake light, and license plate lights. Are the reverse lights relocated or will I have to wire custom reverse lights? It won't pass the VA state inspection without reverse lights, as far as I know.

The Blue Bomber

I have never seen an accord wagon like the one you pictured???

my reverse lights are on the hatch.

and yeah, if you could take a picture of the actual car that would be great!
    Originally posted by deevergote
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

I'll post a pic of the actual wagon in a few so you can see. I'm almost jealous of her wagon now because I feel like it's a rarity. lol

Edit:

I've discovered what the problem is. Apparently it's a customization done by a previous owner. I noticed cracks and tapping on the area where the middle lights should be made a different sound than the rest of the hatch. Here's the pics I promised.

You can clearly see the cracks in the picture even better than in person and even part of the line where they covered the lens & keyhole.

Inside the hatch I popped the plastic access cover off and found the wiring intact with a back-up light bulb spliced onto the connector wiring. You can even see that they used the lens itself to fill the gap that would've been there with no lens present. I guess I'm going to have to make a hole or open the existing holes wider and install a custom lens of some sort. Anyways, If anyone else ever runs into another CB with a similar issue, check to see if the wiring is still present. If so: you just need to place a lens for the light and get a socket if you dont have one. If not: you're going to have to wire the reverse lights and make a hole/install a lens for the reverse lights.

Here's a pic of the CB9 as she sits right now:

Funny how its the exact same color as my blue bomber. xD I found two CBs with custom paint jobs that were the exact same color.
      Last edited by blu35p4rr0w; 04-07-2012, 03:47 PM.

The Blue Bomber

Comment

Was her wagon modified? The one in the picture you posted is clearly not all factory stock. All wagons I've ever seen are just as mtnbikaah's is in his sig... the tail configuration is no different than sedans and coupes.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Was her wagon modified? The one in the picture you posted is clearly not all factory stock. All wagons I've ever seen are just as mtnbikaah's is in his sig... the tail configuration is no different than sedans and coupes.
          Yes, it was obviously modified, and I feel like a tard for not looking into it more thoroughly before posting a new thread. However, perhaps this thread will help someone else in the future if they run into a similar customization. That is; if they use the search feature like they're supposed to!

By the way Deev, hello and long time no talk. I'm going to have to check on the status of your CB. I know last time I was active on the forums you were getting a concrete slab poured and planning on making her road worthy once again. I'll be looking at your ride thread shortly.

The Blue Bomber

Comment

Originally posted by blu35p4rr0w View Post
            Yes, it was obviously modified, and I feel like a tard for not looking into it more thoroughly ..
            Yes .. heavily modified hatch. I've seen images of this look on a few sites.
            This one that you have, was NOT done very well at all. Appears theres a TON of Bondo.

You can fix it with sheet-metal, and rewire an after-market set of reversies .. OR,
            There's a blue hatch somewhere on eBay right now .. then you'll be back to OEM.

Nice project!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Working...
            X