Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

idle troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle troubles

I've had my f22a6 cb7.10th anniversary for a little over a month now when I got it it had a fresh block put in along with a new head. New gaskets from top to bottom lately I have been noticing a weird idle almost like its cammed. Rough idle. And I get a oil burn smell through the heat vents I have on occasion smelled antifreeze. But upon checking oil its not milky or bubbly. No mixing going on no leaks under the car. Just wondering if anyone has any info on what I should look into for the rough idle cap rotor? Plugs are all good no loose wires. It dose have a tick in the valvetrain. #2 cylinder. Any help on how to go about fixing these to get me through to Oct would.be awesome ill have a fresh rebuilt f22 to go in it then I just don't want this to take a crap on me before im finnished with the rebuild. thanx guys

WHOA!!! thats a BAD sign. SELL IT ASAP

Comment

Forgot to mention it drives absolutely fine throttle response is great dosent bog in any gears its just that idle that it recently developed and it hasent had a timing belt yet. Oil is always full running Quaker state 5w-30. No temperature issues I just did a thermostat on it.

Comment

heres my 2 cents on my cb7 the distributor was leaking causing oil to burn off of the tranny/engine, at idle I would smell burning oil. As for antifreeze look for a coolant leak, radiator, hose anything. The same thing might be happening, burning off the engine.
        1991 Honda Accord 2DR LX 180,000 Miles RIP

Comment

OK curtie. I took your to cents. Dist tho was not loose or.leaking. I. Did however pull plugs #1 was as beautiful as they come no carbon build up or hot spots on the head #'s 2,3&4 however were all covered in carbon build up. And had hotspots ntm absolutely covered in oil. And when. I mean covered I mean dripping with oil as I'm pulling them out so I can only think either piston rings are fried or valvecover gasket is fried. To let that much oil in on the plugs but that's my input for the day. Ill keep updating hopefully I find out what this is. So maybe it can help someone else out if they run into this situation.

Comment

If the plugs were wet, it isn't piston rings or the valve cover seal. It is your spark plug tube seals. Replace them, and you will most likely fix the problem. I believe there is a detailed DIY in the DIY section of this site.

Comment

Working...
            X