Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

cutting bump stops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cutting bump stops?

Will I have to cut my bump stops when i put skunk2 shocks and struts on? And if i do? How exactly do you cut them? Thanks for all the help!

Yes. Cut them in the middle. Cut them with something sharp.

However, don't use Skunk2 shocks. They are absolute garbage. They aren't even properly matched to Skunk2's own springs!

Comment

I have to agree with Deev Skunk2 were trash when i bought them, Deev's been around too long to not know his stuff. do what I'm doing Sideways get a savings account and a bigger budget for something safe

Comment

good point, skunk 2 isnt a bad brand, but the put their focus on lighter cars, crx, civic, integra, del sols, everything really but the accord, a brand such as function and form, which knows the cb chassis very well, and puts actual research into the stuff they put out, a simple set of type 1's from them would get you very low, and you would have a comfortable ride.

Comment

Exactly. Skunk2's Civic/Integra stuff is pretty good, and they do make some mean H22A camshafts (because people put H22As in Civics and Integras!) Accord suspensions are something they do not know, and their products show it. They're using their reputation to sell inferior parts to cars they believe nobody is ever going to attempt to modify for serious performance. Apparently their older Accord suspension offerings were better than their newer ones (TypeG has some old Skunk2 coilover sleeves that he has no complaints about, but I have yet to hear anything good about anyone who has purchased Skunk2 parts in the past 3-4 years at least.)

Function and Form Autolife did indeed do specific research on the CB7, at least for the Type 2. Stickydiljoe (former CB7 owner, Honda Tuning cover car, and current owner of the popular blog "The Chronicles") helped in testing of the Type 2s before he sold his car. However, I DO NOT know where F&F's parts are made, and it's entirely possible that they're made in some cheap overseas manufacturing plant that makes all the other crappy knockoff parts. Their price makes me suspect that. I've never heard anything bad, but I really am curious as to the origins of the parts. The R&D might be good, but I'd like to know that they're made at a quality facility, using quality materials.

Comment

Thanks so much for all the help!

Comment

related to the OP question, do you have to cut the bump stops for any suspension upgrade? I'm puttin some Koni yellows (neuspeed edition) and eibach ground controls on pretty soon and hadn't even thought about the bump stops.
              2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
              VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
              The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
              August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Yes, you need to cut the bump stops when you lower the car, to allow for the shock piston to travel further. Otherwise, it'll end up slamming against the bump stop when it should have more travel, and eventually do damage.

Comment

Working...
                X