Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

lowering it the right way, but still saving money.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lowering it the right way, but still saving money.

I have came to my senses basically and realized, i would rather be safe than sorry. I was gonna get an exhaust and an intake and ebay sleeves. But i just keep being reminded of the things that could happen. Now that I have been persuaded to do the right thing, I need some final help. My budget is 400. And I am determined to do it with this money. I am thinking Koni Str.t's, because they are cheap BUT good quality and they are meant to be lowered. (BTW, this is not gonna be a drag, race, or super car of any sort. Just a daily driven lowered car.) Now to the springs. What do i need? I think that since i have a nice pair of shock/struts, i can now just put some ebay springs on there. Cheap. that way, it may not be the best of rides but at least I'm safe and my shocks / struts won't blow. or what id like to do is put some ebay coil over sleeves on there so i can adjust it. Since I only have 400 dollars and the koni str.t's are 325, i really need to save some money. so thanks for all the help.

Here is a useful thread, it's $57 over your budget though

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=177130

1993 Honda Accord EX

Comment

yeah i have read through but i thought i would post about it anyway.

Comment

what i am really asking is. can i put ebay coil over sleeves on koni str.t's ? will it work?

Comment

i think it will work but the build quality of the ebay coil over sleeves will not hold up too long. I have heard and seen the sleeves itself bend or warp over time.

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
          My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
          Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

alright thanks

Comment

What makes you think "ebay" springs are going to be safe? The shocks aren't all that matter.

Save your money. Get quality components, or don't lower your car. Cutting corners is only going to make your car unsafe. It is daily driven, which means it is all the more important that your suspension is completely safe and reliable! If you were on a track and it failed, you might hit a wall, or maybe 1-2 other drivers. If you were on the street driving to the store, you might lose control and hit kids playing, or smash into a busy storefront. If you were on the highway, you could cause a 12 car pileup when your car begins to spin.

Do it right. You have like... 3 threads about trying to lower your car, and in each thread you're trying to come up with a cheap way to do it... each time suggesting idiotic shortcuts. Trust me. The people that have been around for a while KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!
              Koni STR.T isn't even a "performance" shock, really. It's not made to be slammed. It's for a relatively mild drop only. It is the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM for any drop, and cheap-ass "ebay" springs will have a spring rate through the roof. Guaranteed to be too high for the STR.T.

Comment

Sorry but, Goddamn it to hell, do you search at all? How many threads will it take before you start doing your own research? I see what Deev was talking about
                My Baby "CLEO", Slowly Making Her Mine

Comment

you can have my sleeves lol. a little sand blasting and paint on the springs and soda blast the aluminum sleeves theyll be like new. i had them on for about 3 almost 4 years now. no probs except the blown OEM shocks..and NO I didnt put them on; they came with the car when I bought it.

Comment

getting H&R coil overs

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
                      getting H&R coil overs
                      sweet! should ride like a lac

Comment

My budget is 400.
                        getting H&R coil overs
                        That ain't happening.