Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Control arm wont let me push it in! (springs and shocks swap)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control arm wont let me push it in! (springs and shocks swap)

im doing an all around swap with KYB shocks and Matrix springs....the front driver side went in with out a problem....but as a get to the passanger front side.....i jacked up the car....took off rim.........loosened control arm...loosened strut connected to engine bay.....disconnected control arm and move away from springs and strut....disconnect the bolt connecting the bottom of strut to lower arm...then pushed the disc down so i can have clearance for stock strut to be pulled out...(this is when the disc and control arm stayed in a certain position)....positioned in new shocks.....tried to connect back control arm but now it is stayed in a wierd position...the disc is slightly tiled at 9-0 clock...and upper control arm almost flush with the fender....ive used all body strrength to push it back in but no luck....i know the axle wont bbe the problem right?
    Last edited by JD"flush"M; 03-24-2012, 04:04 AM.

You could have pulled the axle apart inside the boot. Check that, you're axle should like back and forth. If it's loose, just put it back in.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

did you jack up the front independently on both sides? or both at once? If you did it independently, the sway bar is probably putting tension on the lower control arm causing it to not drop as low as it could.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I've never disconnected the control arms when doing my suspension... I always just unbolted the spring/shock assembly and pulled it out, then maneuvered the new one in. It can be tricky over rear discs, but the fronts should be cake.

Also, KYB doesn't make any shocks that are capable of handling a drop more than 1.5", or a spring rate greater than 15% over stock. I know it's probably a bit late to be saying that now...

Comment

i am going to check the axle right now.....and yeah i did it independently..one side at a time.....but how were you able to get the strut out like tht? I first tried tht but found it easier to just bring out the contro arm a lil....well....easier to the drivers side.

Comment

Originally posted by JD"flush"M View Post
            i am going to check the axle right now.....and yeah i did it independently..one side at a time.....but how were you able to get the strut out like tht? I first tried tht but found it easier to just bring out the contro arm a lil....well....easier to the drivers side.
            well, no I'm saying its HARDER when you jack up both independently.

You want to jack up both at one time, to unload the sway bar's tension on the control arm.

member's ride thread
            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
            91 Accord SE 176k
            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
              well, no I'm saying its HARDER when you jack up both independently.

You want to jack up both at one time, to unload the sway bar's tension on the control arm.
              oh i see what you mean....ill start doin tht...and it turns out it was the axle boot tht came out of place on thhe inside...i had to put some weight into it to move the disc back and forth putting it back on right. Thanks for everyones help i really appreciate it

Comment

Working...
              X