Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Fuel pressure regulator - h22a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel pressure regulator - h22a1

How is your fuel pressure regulator hooked up, any images?
    I know mine is not hooked up correctly and just wanna see some images for reference. I'm not too good with mechanics, but I had made a slight change to it. and now its running like crap, put it back the way I had it before and same thing. I know its not much to go on but this is all I got.
    Everyday is one day closer to completing my cb7 <3

No pictures on hand of it, but the smaller hose goes to the intake manifold for vacuum, the other side is the return line to the gas tank.
    "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

Originally posted by Oreellyfool View Post
      No pictures on hand of it, but the smaller hose goes to the intake manifold for vacuum, the other side is the return line to the gas tank.
      mine has three going to it. one coming from the firewall. two are the same size, i would say about half inch and then a small one. the small one is going to the intake manifold, and one large one is coming from the firewall and the other large one is going to some plastic piece which is attached to the fuel rail. it has a vacume piece on the top end, but it is not attached to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by trinistylez View Post
        mine has three going to it. one coming from the firewall. two are the same size, i would say about half inch and then a small one. the small one is going to the intake manifold, and one large one is coming from the firewall and the other large one is going to some plastic piece which is attached to the fuel rail. it has a vacume piece on the top end, but it is not attached to anything.
        Weird. My H22a was attached directly to the fuel rail like my F22 is.

But same concept, the small one goes to the IM, and the other two go to the fuel rail and the return line to the fuel tank. You could have them backwards. Have you tried reversing the two?

Comment

Weird. My H22a was attached directly to the fuel rail like my F22 is.

But same concept, the small one goes to the IM, and the other two go to the fuel rail and the return line to the fuel tank. You could have them backwards. Have you tried reversing the two?
          no, I'm afraid too. I'm at work right now, don't have tools with me. I just took the car out around the block and it lags kind of, it moves but lags. I will try tomorrow when I'm home and have tools to try stuff. This car is really starting to stress me out, one thing after the next... It's sad. I have a list of things needed to get done lol. not for fun, but repairs

Comment

no, I'm afraid too. I'm at work right now, don't have tools with me. I just took the car out around the block and it lags kind of, it moves but lags. I will try tomorrow when I'm home and have tools to try stuff. This car is really starting to stress me out, one thing after the next... It's sad. I have a list of things needed to get done lol. not for fun, but repairs
            You know I just had my fuel pressure regulator go out on me two months ago. I was throwing a CEL 43, but was bogging quite bad. You should chek your fuel pressure at your rail and see what it is because it may be your FPR is out like mine was. Basically my car was running very rich (Flooding it out) And when I would barely push on the pedal it would bog down, but if I put my foot into the pedal (Could be at any RPM) I would let more air in and it would lean out the mixture and would get past the bogging.

My major tell that I was having problems (Besides the bogging) was my MPG was down around 20.

Just think, once you figure out all your little bugs, if they happen again, you can fix them quick.

Comment

You know I just had my fuel pressure regulator go out on me two months ago. I was throwing a CEL 43, but was bogging quite bad. You should chek your fuel pressure at your rail and see what it is because it may be your FPR is out like mine was. Basically my car was running very rich (Flooding it out) And when I would barely push on the pedal it would bog down, but if I put my foot into the pedal (Could be at any RPM) I would let more air in and it would lean out the mixture and would get past the bogging.

My major tell that I was having problems (Besides the bogging) was my MPG was down around 20.

Just think, once you figure out all your little bugs, if they happen again, you can fix them quick.
              and another thing you pointed out, three days ago which is when these problems started to appear, was the first time i could smell the car running rich at idle BUT i have yet to smell it run rich again

Comment

and another thing you pointed out, three days ago which is when these problems started to appear, was the first time i could smell the car running rich at idle BUT i have yet to smell it run rich again
                I would def check your fuel pressure, since you are feeling the hesitation. However (at least when it throws a CEL 43) it could be your O2 sensor as well, which could throw the mixture off. But with my case, I tried 4 different O2 sensors, before I moved onto checking the fuel pressure.

But as I said, once you figure it out, if it does it again, you can fix it (or test for it first), without searching for it.

Comment

I would def check your fuel pressure, since you are feeling the hesitation. However (at least when it throws a CEL 43) it could be your O2 sensor as well, which could throw the mixture off. But with my case, I tried 4 different O2 sensors, before I moved onto checking the fuel pressure.

But as I said, once you figure it out, if it does it again, you can fix it (or test for it first), without searching for it.
                  yeah, i'm beginning to have my doubts with the o2 sensor. I mean, if the fpr was set up like this all the time, and it never gave trouble before. why would it suddenly go out. but then again, it could not be working. I'll check the o2 first before doing more tempering with the fpr. just out of curiosity what is the correct fuel pressure for an h22a1?

Comment

yeah, i'm beginning to have my doubts with the o2 sensor. I mean, if the fpr was set up like this all the time, and it never gave trouble before. why would it suddenly go out. but then again, it could not be working. I'll check the o2 first before doing more tempering with the fpr. just out of curiosity what is the correct fuel pressure for an h22a1?
                    Stock pressure on an h22 is 37-42, I think my f22 was 36-41.

Good place to start!! Good luck man!!

Comment

Stock pressure on an h22 is 37-42, I think my f22 was 36-41.

Good place to start!! Good luck man!!
                      on my lunch tmw when its bright out. i have to double check the reading it is giving me, i think mine is at like 25 or something like that. but i could be wrong, I never actually read the reading

Comment

So what did you find out? What was the pressure reading? My car runs good, no bogging or symptoms. I got an auto 90 LX Sedan stock. My gas mileage is around 20-22 mpg in the city. I think that is what expected for this car right? I don't smell gas or feel like it's running rich. My O2 sensor is 2 months new and it's a Denso.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X