Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need help with alignment issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help with alignment issues

about a month ago went to get an alignment cause of really bad tire wear and they told me there was to much play on the driver side front tire and my rack and pinion was the problem so i had it changed got some new tires and went back to do the alignment after they did the alignment they told me there is play on the passenger side front caused by a lower ball joint and that my back passenger cant be aligned cause of the car getting "settled". he then told me that i would have to get and adjustable lower ball joint and new springs to get it all situated it seems when i fix something i need to do something else is this guy yanking my chain or what?

ps. he also told me if it was his car he would put a for sale sign on it. i laughed in his face

^^ the alignment before and after

I've never heard of an adjustable lower ball joint for our cars... ever. There are adjustable upper ball joints for the front only, but those are only needed if your car is lowered (is your car lowered?)
    However, any bad ball joints DO need to be replaced. A bad ball joint can fail unexpectedly, and that will make you crash without a doubt.

I'm not sure what he means by "settled" in the rear.

If you've accurately repeated everything he told you, it sounds like he's pulling your chain... or that he doesn't know what he's talking about!
    I would find a place like Firestone that offers a lifetime alignment package. $200 or so (I think I paid $180) and you'll never pay again for an alignment for as long as you own that car. Better yet, I'm quite sure it'll apply at any location (that's how it works for Firestone, I don't know if any other place does it.) So if you doubt the tech or the equipment at one location, you can go to another.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      I've never heard of an adjustable lower ball joint for our cars... ever. There are adjustable upper ball joints for the front only, but those are only needed if your car is lowered (is your car lowered?)
      However, any bad ball joints DO need to be replaced. A bad ball joint can fail unexpectedly, and that will make you crash without a doubt.

I'm not sure what he means by "settled" in the rear.

If you've accurately repeated everything he told you, it sounds like he's pulling your chain... or that he doesn't know what he's talking about!
      I would find a place like Firestone that offers a lifetime alignment package. $200 or so (I think I paid $180) and you'll never pay again for an alignment for as long as you own that car. Better yet, I'm quite sure it'll apply at any location (that's how it works for Firestone, I don't know if any other place does it.) So if you doubt the tech or the equipment at one location, you can go to another.
      opps my mistake its the upper ball joint just looked at the quote they gave me. my car is at stock height, he explains the "settled" part as the springs are to old and have compressed to much and is causing the car to be to low only on the passenger side. all of this was done at commercial tire which i thought was a good place and have been here many times. but i will look in to Firestone for that life time thing

Comment

Ok, that makes a bit more sense then.

However, you should not need an adjustable ball joint for a stock suspension. You'd be better off replacing the springs and shocks with new OEM or quality OEM-replacement parts, if you don't intend to lower the car. If you do intend to lower it, then get quality shocks and springs for lowering AND a camber kit (which would be the adjustable ball joints, or anchor bolts... both do the same thing.)

Comment

thanks deeve for the help. i do plan to lower in the future with the str.t and nuespeed sports. is there any chamber kits that you would or anyone else would suggest so i can make plans and save for the parts.

Comment

Working...
          X