Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Skunk2 Suspension alignment settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunk2 Suspension alignment settings?

I have skunk2 struts and springs on my car, and it lowered it about 2.5 inches. I also have new cambers. I went to firestone to get an alignment, and they turned me down because i didn't know my numbers? Does anyone know what the suspension settings would be for my cb7?

Didn't know your numbers? WTF?

Talk to a different person.

The first suspension set up I had on my first CB was Skunk2 springs/shocks. I had my car aligned at Firestone, because it was about 2 miles from my house. Certainly didn't have anyone tell me they couldn't do it.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

What are cambers?

I have no idea what numbers they expect. I've also had Firestone do an alignment (poorly) and they asked no such question. I DID get rejected by one Firestone when I revealed that my car was modified, though. The next one, I just left the car with them, and they said nothing about it.

Comment

I dont know what cambers are... but i do know they are on the a-arm and they swivel/rotate. And mine are new and adjustable.

I guess i will tell them to do an alignment, and not mention that its lowered? I will also try to go when there is a different guy there.

Should i just tell them to put it to stock settings?
        Last edited by Jaysson_2012; 03-06-2012, 09:57 PM. Reason: Misspelling << i think i might have misspelled misspell aswell....

Comment

Camber is an angle.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            Camber is an angle.
            Ok... ha, i don't know much. So i googled it, and i have an adjustable camber kit? does that sound right?

And since its an angle... what should my camber be?

Comment

Unless you want custom specs, they should just set your camber and toe to stock specs. Changes in both can improve performance on a track, when done for a specific purpose (at the cost of accelerated tire wear.) For a street car, there's no point in doing anything but stock specs. However, with the camber set to 0 degrees, you may hit your upper control arms on the fenderwell. If that happens, ask for -1 degree of camber in the front. That SHOULD fix it.

Also, since I can't see a thread about Skunk2 suspension stuff and not comment... Skunk2 makes absolute shit in terms of Accord suspension parts. Those springs and shocks, while "made to go together" aren't even properly matched. Most misleading product ever, and a disgrace to come from a company that has otherwise built a decent reputation for themselves.

Comment

Thanks for the help. My a-arms are hitting the fender right now, so i will tell them i want -1 camber. I'm glad you informed me of that, because i thought there was some other major problem that was causing that.

And i know skunk struts/springs arent great for our cars, but i got a good deal on them, with intallation. And i really wanted my car lowered. And i cant afford the good stuff.

Comment

I suppose it's better than cutting your stock springs and slamming the car on blown stock shocks... but still, if you can't lower your car properly, you shouldn't lower your car at all. Spend the money to do it right, because your life is riding on that suspension! You did a much better job of it than many people, but still... having limited funds is no excuse for a dangerous modification. (granted, the Skunk2 junk won't really be dangerous until those shocks blow... and from many accounts I've heard, it won't be long... but until then, it should be ok. Just don't drive like you have a Ferrari!)

Comment

Working...
                  X