Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

brake pedal sinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake pedal sinking

I was driving and all if a sudden my brake pedal started sinking and I almost got into a car accident. Need help on diagnosing this problem. It's my daily and.if I need to take it to the shop tomorrow I should know now. Thanks fellas!!!

It's your brake master cylinder failing. Replace it, and bleed the system properly.

Comment

How would I know that is the problem serve? I see my fluid is still high.

Comment

Serve?

Your fluid isn't going anywhere because it's in an enclosed system. You aren't leaking it externally, just internally.

Comment

I meant deev Hahah sorry. I'll drop it off to my mechanic tomorrow where could I get a new one? Task auto?

Comment

Any autoparts store should be fine.

Comment

Buy a new one. Don't buy refurb.
              Sinking pedal would only mean 3 things:
              1) Air in the lines.
              2) External leak.
              3) Master cylinder.
              It's number 3 as what you described point to it. It happens to me a few times. Use the hand brake, if you let the pedal go and brake down again fast, you'll get some brake. This is just to get you to the mechanic. Do not drive it in traffic, it would be really bad.

Good luck.

Comment

lol @ "serve"
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  lol @ "serve"
                  Typo Hahahbut hey I went out and drove my car and now my pedal seems to be fine. Breaks fine and everything, no more sinking.

Could it be I need to bleed the lines?

Comment

Originally posted by ASTCB7 View Post
                    Typo Hahahbut hey I went out and drove my car and now my pedal seems to be fine. Breaks fine and everything, no more sinking.

Could it be I need to bleed the lines?
                    That is what I would have done before replacing the MC.

Comment

when you get into a situation like that you never want to stand on the brakes. Pump like a mofo, if a rear end of another car is coming up quick, pump like a mofo drop it into 1st and yank the e-brake in a controlled quick motion, dont just lock up the brakes tho, all while still pumping like a mofo...

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                        That is what I would have done before replacing the MC.
                        Also your fluid could be old and cruddy and has lost its hydraulic powers, when the fluids mostly water/crap and heats up, no stoppy stoppy

Comment

Unless water is somehow allowed into the system, there should be no water in there. Hydraulic fluid doesn't magically turn into water. Though yes, old hydraulic fluid can be less functional than new. I'm assuming (since I have done no research on the topic at the time of this reply) that as the fluid ages, the boiling point lowers.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            Unless water is somehow allowed into the system, there should be no water in there. Hydraulic fluid doesn't magically turn into water. Though yes, old hydraulic fluid can be less functional than new. I'm assuming (since I have done no research on the topic at the time of this reply) that as the fluid ages, the boiling point lowers.
                            Ive been educated that brake fluid absorbs water out of the air and rubber hoses are permeable, so ancient brake fluid will probably absorb a fair amount of water just from being in service for so long thus reducing the boiling point.

Comment

You have a point there.

Comment

Working...
                              X