Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

best 15" tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best 15" tires

alright im looking to get new wheels and tires soon, and i already have my wheels picked out

http://sprintwheels.com/eshop/store/...idProduct=1236

but im having a hard time finding a good set of all season uhp tires. the best all season uhp tires are the conti extremecontact dws... but they only start in 16". ( i say best because they get the highest reviews on multiple websites including tirerack, and consumer reports) so basically im looking for second best for my 15" wheels. and before anyone asks, im getting the wheels because i looove the jdm 96 spec itr wheels, and i was going to get them and paint them black but i found these, 1/2" wider and already painted for the same price. and yes i am looking for all seasons for fall and winter. and my spring/summer tires im getting are the dunlop star specs in 205/50r15. but stock size would be ok for the all seasons. any suggestions would be great.

are these any good?
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....n&autoModClar=

Not UHP but might be the best all season tire on the market.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....red+All-Season

Comment

also not a "UHP" all season, but "HP"

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S. My favorite tire! They're quiet, grippy in the dry, wet, and snow! And have been pretty slow wearing as well.

I would buy them again in a heartbeat! My dad and my brother have them on their Accords as well as on my mom's fit.

I will be putting a set on my girlfriend's civic as well...

I would highly rate this tire!!!
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

ok as it is, im having straight line traction problems with a 5mph rolling start in first gear with my ziex 512s. not even talking about dumping the clutch at 3krpm. im saying casual take off from a stop, hitting 5mph or so and then flooring it, my h22 just spins the tires. and this is with the f22 trans with long gears. i think uhps are going to be a necessity when i start adding more power.

Comment

Opinionated answers will vary. I've bought almost every major brand of tires in the last 6 years. I have my preferences for different sizes. In 15's, an all around tire in IMHO is the Michelin MXM4.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

If your going to run 2 sets of tires anyway just get some snow tires for winter, even running a H rated tire in snow will not be very good IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Sordz View Post
              If your going to run 2 sets of tires anyway just get some snow tires for winter, even running a H rated tire in snow will not be very good IMO.
              ok but considering we had an odd winter and it only snowed like 4 times in wisconsin this winter, including this week, im not looking for a "snow" tire but something that will retain its traction when its cold, not necessarily in snow. ive lived in the upper midwest my whole life so i know how to drive in snow regardless of tires. i do know that summer tires are crap in snow and in really cold weather having had experience with a set of brand new dunlop fm901s that were amazing when warm, were terrible when it got below 10 degrees or so or with even the lightest dusting of snow. and i dont know how snow tires would hold up if i were to do some spirited driving on some back country roads on a cold dry day. we all know our engines seem to run better with nice cold air feeding the intake uhps would be prefered

Comment

Honestly either the Bridgestone potenzas or the Michelins that Mtnbikaah suggested are very good options. From reading the specs they seem to be very similar in their ratings. My girlfriend, dad, and myself all have that exact tire that you linked in your first post - size 195/60R15. I have driven all three cars and I am very happy with them. I have also had experience with Michelins and I know they make a damn good tire. My last set were MXV4's and they were quiet, smooth, and lasted forever. However, those were more of an old-guy comfort tire and the Pilot Exaltos seem to be a bit more performance oriented. The reason I went with the Potenzas was the price point and I was also told (I don't know if this is fact) that they had a stiffer sidewall than the Michelins. Either way I don't think you will regret buying either tire. Hope some of this info helps.

Comment

isnt fuzion made by bridgestone? Thats whay I have they are 50k tires and are about 55 each not that bad.

Comment

Bridgestone Potenza re960as is a REALLY good tire with excellent grip.

Right now I have BFG G-force super sport A/S and they are excellent as well but not quite as grippy as the re960's. These are the only 2 tires I've run on the cb7.
                    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

The Goodyear Tripletred All Season is a good tire with really good grip but you have to be super religious about rotation and balance.

Comment

Working...
                      X