Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oxyen sensor gasket.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oxyen sensor gasket.

Hey guys,
    I just bought a new Denso O2 sensor from Rockauto, freaking super fast shipping. Ordered Sunday and got it in the mail today. I look at the sensor and it has like an aluminum washer already on it. Is that the same as the outer gasket in the diagram linked below? It's the number 10 in the diagram.
    http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...3sm401_e04.png

I am going to replace it tomorrow and don't want to do it missing that gasket.
    Any one replaced theirs and had to buy the gasket separately?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Bad_dude; 02-28-2012, 05:25 PM.

The washer on it is part # 10
    92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

Originally posted by Chris2388 View Post
      The washer on it is part # 10
      Thanks buddy, I guess I don't need it then. Why do they call it a gasket when it's a washer? Very confusing.

Comment

I never understood why they call it that.
        92 CB7 F22 5 speed.

^MY RIDE THREAD^

Comment

It ends up crushing creating a perfect seal against both metal parts. Same concept as drain bolt crush washers and banjo fitting crush washers for fuel and brake lines.

Comment

Dude,
            I thought I had the O2 Sensor socket but it turns out not. What size wrench could I use with it? 22mm?

Thanks.
            Last edited by Bad_dude; 02-28-2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

You'll need a 22mm wrench or an adj'able that can open to 22mm or 7/8"

Comment

Originally posted by Granite CB7 View Post
                You'll need a 22mm wrench or an adj'able that can open to 22mm or 7/8"
                I am going to see if Autozone would lend me one tomorrow morning. Would an open wrench works if I soak it good?
                So you guys take off the heat shield before remove the sensor? Or would it work without?
                Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                  I am going to see if Autozone would lend me one tomorrow morning. Would an open wrench works if I soak it good?
                  Thanks.
                  Yes. That's generally exactly what I use. You have to remove the shield to use the wrench, but not for the socket.
                  Originally posted by Mishakol129
                  Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

That Denso sensor I just bought, it has a brown little grease package. What is that? Antiseize or thread locker? Or some kind of oil? Should I just use the usual silver antiseize?
                    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                      That Denso sensor I just bought, it has a brown little grease package. What is that? Antiseize or thread locker? Or some kind of oil? Should I just use the usual silver antiseize?
                      Thanks.
                      It's anti-sieze, use it.

Comment

i wouldnt even worry about tightening it down real tight with a wrench or anything... cause if u do... and it doesnt get changed for a long time(which more of the time it doesnt) its real hard to get out... i would just see if you can get the old one out... and if u can just tighten it as much as u can with your hand

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
                          i wouldnt even worry about tightening it down real tight with a wrench or anything... cause if u do... and it doesnt get changed for a long time(which more of the time it doesnt) its real hard to get out... i would just see if you can get the old one out... and if u can just tighten it as much as u can with your hand
                          He's asking about taking it OFF.

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
                            That's a bad idea. You need to tighten it to crush the washer so it seals. Tighten it to crush the seal and that's it.
                            wat?

Comment

The connector I got is female. Like the link below.
                              http://info.rockauto.com/getimage/ge...06-0&width=450

The heat shield, I got the 3 bolts off but it stuck on the silver metal to the right next to the alternator. Should I just bend that metal plate to remove the heat shield? It looks like the manual show the O2 removal socket and not taking the shield off. Also the manual says 33 ft lb.
                              Thanks guys, I always ask many questions before any job to make sure it's a success. So far I had good luck. I guess b/c I am unemployed still and can't afford to mess up and have it repair.
                              Last edited by Bad_dude; 02-28-2012, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X