Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wrapping header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My eBay header is wrapped with eBay wrap. I've had these for two years on my car. There was exhaust leak but it was due to faulty gasket than cracking.

I have Bisimoto header being worked on to fit on my car. When this is ready, eBay header will be replaced. I shall see if there is any crack on this one.

For wrapping, go with name brand. My eBay blue wrap held color for three days only. Then changed to tan. Still holding heat within, though.
    A&P-IA

Comment

wrapping headers is just asking for them to rust terribly. get them coated and keep them clean IMO.
      '94 CD5 EX F22B1 Automatic

Comment

My Bisi header is coated but leaks like a bitch outta the slipjoints so im thinking of wrapping the collector up

8 Accords so far:
        '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
        '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
        (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

Comment

^header wrap w/ 2 large hose clamps on the outside and stuffing the inner w/ fiberglass rope was my best fix to date.

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
            My eBay header is wrapped with eBay wrap. I've had these for two years on my car. There was exhaust leak but it was due to faulty gasket than cracking.

I have Bisimoto header being worked on to fit on my car. When this is ready, eBay header will be replaced. I shall see if there is any crack on this one.

For wrapping, go with name brand. My eBay blue wrap held color for three days only. Then changed to tan. Still holding heat within, though.
            Just to note... eBay does not make parts.

Comment

Just to put some more input into this thread. I have a Hedmen header and it's been wrapped for years with no issues (warping, leaks, etc.).
              Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Just because it can, doesn't mean it will. But the possibility is something that should be taken into consideration before a decision is made.

Comment

Exactly. Explore all solutions and possible outcomes to those solutions and make an informed decision.

I know I debated the hell out of wrapping it...
                  Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by Cb_JoeyG View Post
                    My Bisi header is coated but leaks like a bitch outta the slipjoints so im thinking of wrapping the collector up
                    I think you have posted a photo of your header some place else on this forum. Mine is exactly the same way. There is way too much gap at left front slip joint. I don't think wrapping will help at all.

The problem with Bisi header is upper part of the assembly. The bends are originating from inside of those slip joints. Those sections are not true round because of bends.

I have asked my exhaust shop to correct that, possibly by stretching those sections. I hope it will come out good.
                    A&P-IA

Comment

Originally posted by oyajicool View Post
                      I think you have posted a photo of your header some place else on this forum. Mine is exactly the same way. There is way too much gap at left front slip joint. I don't think wrapping will help at all.

The problem with Bisi header is upper part of the assembly. The bends are originating from inside of those slip joints. Those sections are not true round because of bends.

I have asked my exhaust shop to correct that, possibly by stretching those sections. I hope it will come out good.
                      For a header of that price, and supposed quality, that really should NOT happen! It's bad enough that the "custom" header built to your specs comes with that connector that requires a flange to be made... but the actual build itself should be solid for the price, even if it was the $630 group buy price!

Anyway, on topic... wrap is fairly cheap, and no-name headers are fairly cheap. So wrapping a cheapie header isn't going to be the end of the world. If it cracks, it cracks. Drop $50 and replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        For a header of that price, and supposed quality, that really should NOT happen! It's bad enough that the "custom" header built to your specs comes with that connector that requires a flange to be made... but the actual build itself should be solid for the price, even if it was the $630 group buy price!

Anyway, on topic... wrap is fairly cheap, and no-name headers are fairly cheap. So wrapping a cheapie header isn't going to be the end of the world. If it cracks, it cracks. Drop $50 and replace it.

Lol that's a good way to look at it but yeah I ended up getting them wrapped so thanks for all the info guys

Comment

Working...
                        X