Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

car alarm install help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

car alarm install help

Today I finally decided to get rid of just key less entry and got an alarm. Well I ran into a small problem. Does anyone know what color and where acc wire is, I think its the yellow black wire in the ignition harness. Also where the heck is the door trigger switch. Btw this process so much more involved than a simple key less entry...
    IridiumCore
    HCK-The Beginning

--------------------------------------
    Your drunk she doesn't look that good.

The12volt.com has all the wire colors and locations.
    COUPE K24

Comment

What do you mean by "acc wire"? Are you talkin bout power source? And for the door trigger switch, those specific wires are located in the loom on the driver's side under the carpet between the door sill and the seat bracket. One is blk/red and one is blk/white. One is the trigger wire to lock the door and one is the trigger wire to unlock, but i can't remember off the top of my head which is which. Also this is what color it was for my car, i hear ppl have diff wire colors but for the most part it's those specific two wires. And mine is a 91 LX 2 door. Might be different between 4 doors idk... hope i helped
      RIP '91 LX.

Comment

He means the ignition wire. It comes off the ignition harness I forgot What color it is but if anything buy a testlight and you should be able to figure it out

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
        Originally posted by keepinitclean
        I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

thanks. I got the test light and voltmeter same thing almost. But I don't wanna go shaving all these wires just to test them. There is already a short somewhere in the car. But I think I found the yellow wire on the ignition harness is the accessory line.
          IridiumCore
          HCK-The Beginning

Comment

In a standard alarm you don't need to tag the accessory wire. You need to be looking at the ignition wire 12v while cranking....black yellow.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

If we're talking about the same ignition wire (the one that's on the key ignition harness under the steering wheel), then it's a really thick solid white wire. But that's what my alarm is installed to. It might just depend on what features ur alarm setup has. When i have my doors closed and switch my ignition on it automatically locks my doors. It blinks my corners, taillights, gauges when i press disarm or arm and it's wired to my horn as well. The only thing i used that black/yellow wire u guys keep bringin up for was a 12v power source.

EDIT: That's something i forgot to leave out too. My car is originally standard, wiring might be slightly different for automatic. I wanted the auto start but they charging alot for it.
              Last edited by youngflyndsaved; 02-26-2012, 03:32 PM.
              RIP '91 LX.

Comment

Originally posted by youngflyndsaved View Post
                If we're talking about the same ignition wire (the one that's on the key ignition harness under the steering wheel), then it's a really thick solid white wire. But that's what my alarm is installed to. It might just depend on what features ur alarm setup has. When i have my doors closed and switch my ignition on it automatically locks my doors. It blinks my corners, taillights, gauges when i press disarm or arm and it's wired to my horn as well. The only thing i used that black/yellow wire u guys keep bringin up for was a 12v power source.

EDIT: That's something i forgot to leave out too. My car is originally standard, wiring might be slightly different for automatic. I wanted the auto start but they charging alot for it.
                Wiring color doesn't change for auto and manual.

If your hooking up the ignition wire for the starter kill you HAVE to tag the main ignition wire (black/yellow). The reason why they raged the regular wire cause it didn't matter at all because your old alarm didn't have starter kill.
                What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Well I quite to be honest. Last night I hooked up the siren, blinkers, tapped the battery positive grounded the unit. It worked except that I it would auto arm when the car is running. I figured I needed the accessory wire connected so the alarm could tell when the car was on. This morning I connected the accessory wire (yellow on ignition) the door trigger(-) and brake switch like the instructions said. Then I connected the battery got a chirp and my flashers wouldn't stop. Hit the reset button and now I got nothing. I'm about buy another alarm and call it a day.. I'll trouble shoot this one next weekend. I'm about to loose light I'm frustrated and really want to rip every single wire out of my car.
                  IridiumCore
                  HCK-The Beginning

Comment

OK so I didn't give up. It works again. The instructions aren't clear. I got it working fine accessory connected so it doesn't arm itself when the car is running but the key less entry don't work. I'm leaving well enough alone until next weekend or something
                    IridiumCore
                    HCK-The Beginning

Comment

Find a printout online or a PDF for the alarm and post it. Your doing it all wrong. If I see the instructions ill guide you to what wires go to what wires in the car

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                        Find a printout online or a PDF for the alarm and post it. Your doing it all wrong. If I see the instructions ill guide you to what wires go to what wires in the car
                        I'll take a picture of the instructions and post them tonight I'd really appreciate that.
                        IridiumCore
                        HCK-The Beginning

Comment

So the acc wire for the alarmis connected to a yellow wire on my ignition harness.

After I look at the my connections I'll edit this post telling you what's where
                          Last edited by IridiumCore; 03-01-2012, 03:27 PM.
                          IridiumCore
                          HCK-The Beginning

Comment

where do you have the white 85 and yellow 86 wires going to on the relay?

Does the manual give a description on the acc wire?

Retro!

Hater

Comment

the relay is not connected yet

White acc wire to yellow wire in ignition harness
                              Blue door trigger to black/white door trigger from brown plug left of steering column
                              White/black unlock to black/red unlock drivers kick panel
                              White lock to black/white lock from drivers kick panel.
                              Red is connected to white 12v constant in ignition harness
                              Black is connected to a good ground- should this be connected to the neg battery terminal.
                              Last edited by IridiumCore; 03-01-2012, 11:58 PM.
                              IridiumCore
                              HCK-The Beginning

Comment

Working...
                              X