Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what HP do dsm 450cc injectors max out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what HP do dsm 450cc injectors max out

Ive been researching on injectors and like the idea of going with the dsm 450's for my turbo build, but i looked at other peoples builds and there using huge injectors like 850's and 1000cc and only making like 350 hp. So my question is whats the rough idea of the max on the dsm 450's

Originally posted by faulkner576 View Post
    Ive been researching on injectors and like the idea of going with the dsm 450's for my turbo build, but i looked at other peoples builds and there using huge injectors like 850's and 1000cc and only making like 350 hp. So my question is whats the rough idea of the max on the dsm 450's
    I maxed out(or so I called it) at about 20ish lbs/min on e85. Ballpark I would say was 220-240whp range. I could have squeezed a little more out of them, but I knew I wasn't going to be happy in the end so I just bough new injectors. The rule of thumb in the DSM crowd is 250whp give or take with things like pressure, type of fuel and tune in mind.

Buy a bigger injector if your wanting 350whp. You ideally want a 20-30% head room in your injector.
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Just because they didn't make monster power doesn't mean they can't. There are 850-1000cc injectors on setups making 600+. The output was probably limited by the quality of the parts in their build. But like toycar said you want to have a little bit extra room so if you do upgrade down the line you can continue to make power without the fuel system being the limiting factor.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
        Just because they didn't make monster power doesn't mean they can't. There are 850-1000cc injectors on setups making 600+. The output was probably limited by the quality of the parts in their build. But like toycar said you want to have a little bit extra room so if you do upgrade down the line you can continue to make power without the fuel system being the limiting factor.
        Completely agree with what he is saying.

Also, just want to point out that e85 uses more injector to run, about 30% more so I did run out of injector faster then you would running regular gas.
        Originally posted by wed3k
        im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

it's not a good idea to try to make 600 WHP on 850cc injectors with a 4 cylinder.

as for the 450's, what is your HP goal and on what fuel?

Comment

Originally posted by mikesrex View Post
            it's not a good idea to try to make 600 WHP on 850cc injectors with a 4 cylinder.

as for the 450's, what is your HP goal and on what fuel?
            its a turbo build and ill be using 93 pump gas, my goal is 300 to 350 hp. With forged internals a 50 trim, .63 a/r turbo, 1.2 bisimoto cam
            Last edited by faulkner576; 02-22-2012, 06:56 PM.

Comment

If you're building the motor properly with forged internals, why risk it with 15-20 year old injectors? Save a little extra and get something a little larger... 600cc, perhaps.
              Within reason, having injectors that are too large (and not pushing them anywhere near their limits) is a much better idea than pushing smaller injectors near, to, or beyond their limit. If an injector fails, it'll most likely happen while it's working the hardest... which is when you're at full boost. That's the worst time for it to happen!

Comment

Definitively invest on proper injectors for your build. Just like deevergote after investing all that money into your engine you need the right fuel system. I can help you out with the right injectors. Just sent you a PM

Comment

Rule of thumb:
                  Whatever WHP you want to make, get injectors double that size.
                  You NEVER want to run injectors at maximum duty cycle.

Comment

Working...
                  X