Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tips on H22A swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
    well i would like what i know F22A1, but H22A is same price more power and its a direct swap other then wire hareness. and im having a honda tech put it in

edit, just talked to honda tech he said its a direct swap other then ecu and wiring only problem is my budget it 1500 right now and he said its just over 1500 so he try and figure something out
    Be careful having someone else do the swap for you. I had a whole shop of former Honda techs do my swap. They said they had done swaps before. 2 weeks, $1400 (labor), and a bunch of halfassed stuff later (mounts, wiring, AC was never hooked up...) I finally got my car back. I'm STILL fixing what they screwed up.

My advice: don't hand your car over to anyone and just expect them to do what you don't know how to do yourself. Learn what has to be done, and if you still prefer to have someone else do it, look over their shoulder every step of the way, and make sure it's done RIGHT. It's your money, and you're the one that has to drive the car... not him. Don't be afraid to be a pain in the ass.

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
    don't forget the timing belt, tensioner, balance shaft belt, plugs, wires, cap, wires, rotor, balance shaft seals, front main seal, rear main seal, clutch, throw out bearing, etc. (i'm probably forgetting a few things...)

it adds up fast.
    I didn't change any of that when I had my swap done. I haven't come to regret it yet, but I'm sure someday I will. That stuff SHOULD be changed, for sure.

Sure, you can just pop it in... but it will void the warranty, and if the timing belt, tensioner, or major seals fail... that motor will be toast.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Be careful having someone else do the swap for you. I had a whole shop of former Honda techs do my swap. They said they had done swaps before. 2 weeks, $1400 (labor), and a bunch of halfassed stuff later (mounts, wiring, AC was never hooked up...) I finally got my car back. I'm STILL fixing what they screwed up.

My advice: don't hand your car over to anyone and just expect them to do what you don't know how to do yourself. Learn what has to be done, and if you still prefer to have someone else do it, look over their shoulder every step of the way, and make sure it's done RIGHT. It's your money, and you're the one that has to drive the car... not him. Don't be afraid to be a pain in the ass.

I didn't change any of that when I had my swap done. I haven't come to regret it yet, but I'm sure someday I will. That stuff SHOULD be changed, for sure.

Sure, you can just pop it in... but it will void the warranty, and if the timing belt, tensioner, or major seals fail... that motor will be toast.

his right same thing happend to me.i had a shop do my swap, what was suppose to take a week took 2 months and my car wasent even finish.i found out he never changed anything on it and now i have oil leaks.i regret ever taking it there i should of just done it myself

Comment

Even though there's a fair amount involved, and it can be intimidating for a beginner... it's really not rocket science. Some mechanics are dumb as dirt, and they're able to figure it out (and some aren't able to... )
        Not saying that all mechanics are dumb. Far from it. Or that all will do a shoddy job. However, nobody cares about your car as much as you do.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Even though there's a fair amount involved, and it can be intimidating for a beginner... it's really not rocket science. Some mechanics are dumb as dirt, and they're able to figure it out (and some aren't able to... )
          Not saying that all mechanics are dumb. Far from it. Or that all will do a shoddy job. However, nobody cares about your car as much as you do.
          im having a buddy from honda do it, and i plan on being there the entire time, im printing out the entire DIY from the swap section and im getting as much knowledge about the wiring as a i can
          Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
          Originally posted by deevergote
          den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
          Originally posted by deevergote
          These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Working...
          X