Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Tips on H22A swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips on H22A swap

since my f22a1 is dead i might as well do a swap.

i found this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Honda-F2...sories&vxp=mtr

but im not sure how much i should pay for an h22a
    Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
    Originally posted by deevergote
    den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Just a heads up your looking at a f20b dohc vtec.

heres a thread were people say were they got there swap
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=181933

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Originally posted by tutsuo View Post
      since my f22a1 is dead i might as well do a swap.

i found this
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Honda-F2...sories&vxp=mtr

but im not sure how much i should pay for an h22a
      get a h22 from hmotorsonline.com.... the only place to buy... u buy anywhere else you will be sorry... i know i did... and i am... so buy it from them

Comment

Originally posted by 93redcb7 View Post
        get a h22 from hmotorsonline.com.... the only place to buy... u buy anywhere else you will be sorry... i know i did... and i am... so buy it from them
        http://hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000...age&item=30013

ARE U KIDDING ME AND I SEEING MY EYES ?! h22 for 700??
        Last edited by tutsuo; 02-18-2012, 03:16 PM.
        Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

http://hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000...age&item=30013

ARE U KIDDING ME AND I SEEING MY EYES ?! h22 for 700??
          The link you posted is for a $700+ shipping F20B....

Are you looking for an F20B or an H22?
          Last edited by GhostAccord; 02-18-2012, 03:21 PM.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
            The link you posted is for a $700+ shipping F20B....
            thats good right ?!

i mean unless shipping is like $500+?

i called hmo they said its as easy as bolting it in and wiring the wire hareness
            Last edited by tutsuo; 02-18-2012, 03:23 PM.

Comment

The cheapest H22 swap kit from H-motors is $1800 +shipping.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Ok first off do you know want a h22 or f20b do you know the f20b is a obd2 motor and just doesnt plug and play like a h22?

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

The cheapest H22 swap kit from H-motors is $1800 +shipping.
                  whats wrong with the one i posted ?

Originally posted by cb7_tillidie View Post
                  Ok first off do you know want a h22 or f20b do you know the f20b is a obd2 motor and just doesnt plug and play like a h22?
                  sorry typos meant f20b, and i like which ever is easier to get running tbh

Comment

probably $300ish (guessing here) for shipping, and $200ish (guessing again) for an ECU to run the F20B. There is no USDM ECU that will run that engine properly as far as I know.

I've thought about an F20B but I keep coming back to anH22a.

-2 cents.

EDIT: oh yeah, and converting OBD2 to OBD1

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

whats wrong with the one i posted ?
                      It's not an H22
                      MR Thread
                      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

It's not an H22

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

ok hold on iv been confused... which is easier to put it ? the f20b or h22?

Comment

Shipping was $200 for me, shipped to a shop, from CA to NJ. That was back in 2003, when I ordered from hmotorsonline. As said, that is the ONLY place I would trust.

And yes, be careful to know the difference between an F20B and an H22A. The F20B is OBD2 (extra wiring), has no OBD1 equivalent ECU (so you'll need custom, or an H22 ECU running it improperly), and comes in two varieties... 180hp and 200hp. They're practically indistinguishable upon visual inspection, so a shady seller WILL sell you the 180hp version and tell you it's the 200hp one. The F20B was never sold in the US.

The H22A can be had in OBD1 form (fewer steps to swap in, with a proper OBD1 ECU available). The H22A was offered in the US (in the form of the H22A1 and H22A4), so replacement parts will be readily available from any dealer or autoparts store.

If you order an H22A, order from hmotorsonline.com, and nowhere else. Get the engine/ECU/transmission package for the best results. The "full swap" is what I got, but I was left with a lot of unnecessary parts (mounts, axles, harness, etc...) the "full swap" option will ensure you have EVERYTHING, even extra wires from that harness to add the wires needed for the swap... but it's a fairly unnecessary expense.

Shipping to a residence will be more than shipping to a shop. Be sure to abide by ALL warranty specifications, unless you want to void the startup warranty.

Comment

ok from what iv read the h22a is an easier install..

http://hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000...age&item=30029

so i found this.. 999+200(ecu) if u guys think it sounds like a good deal and its an easy install, ill buy it right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X