Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Mystery on the tranny...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery on the tranny...

My car have a t/f leak, I noticed it a long time ago. I decided to get rid of it and start checking the procedence. I thought it came from where the cv axle gets on the transmission, so, I changed a seal there, but the leak continues. Now I guess it's a gasket or something. This is the mysterious part: Every time I check the fluid level is always the same on the stick. It's suposed to go down if the car is throwing it, but still like it's full .

Where exactly is it leaking from? If it is coming from the area between the transmission and engine, you could be seeing engine oil, not tranny oil. Your rear main seal may be failing. If that's the case, you'll need to drop the tranny and fix it ASAP before it fails completely and destroys your engine.

Comment

It's transmission fluid. The motor oil isn't red (pink).

Comment

As deev said, WHERE is it leaking from??? Without more info, nobody will be able to help you. We were only able to determine you had an automatic transmission from the "dipstick" refenece in your original post... Also you must check Honda automatic transmission fluid level with the ENGINE OFF, preferably within a minute or two after shutting off the engine. This is contrary to most other manufacturers, to my understanding.
        Gunz Don't Kill People, I Do! Xx91AccordxX

Comment

Maybe I'm checking the level of the ATF on the wrong way or I don't know, it's something blocking there, but the point is that it leaks every single day and the level don't drop. I think wherever the leak is on, It's ATF.

Tomorrow I'll find the leak procedence and post it.

Thanks.

Comment

what color is your power steering fluid? i know (or think) the honda's are supposed to use a tan colored fluid but the red kind may have been added to it later on. you could check the color/level of that since it a real quick thing to do and possibly that could be the fluid you're seeing.

as for checking the transmission fluid, you're supposed to have the engine warmed up, and run the transmission through the gears. the best was to do this would just to go out and drive the car. shut off the engine and pull out the dipstick, wipe it clean. then insert the dipstick again entirely but quickly, then pull it out and check the level on it. try not to tip the dipstick upside down or the fluid will run up the stick and give you a false reading.
            '94 CD5 EX F22B1 Automatic

Comment

Working...
            X