Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

noises believed to be suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noises believed to be suspension

Hello i have a few questions for you guys.

when driving it feels like my car doesnt have any support what so ever, i feel everything on the road and when i stop my car it tilts foward a bit and makes a creeking sound, if i hit a bump i hear a lot of rattleing. so i parked the car and pushed down on the front and its makes all kinds of creeking sounds.

Is there anyway to check if theres something wrong with the suspension?
    If i get coil-overs(all 4) is that all i need ? (i replaced both upper control arms and doing lower this weekend and ball joints.)

unrelated...
    Whenever i drive from a dead stop including coming from reverse, i hear almost like a pop(like metal hitting) sound coming from what sounds to be my exhaust system and then some rattleing but everything appears to be nice and tight.
    Last edited by tutsuo; 02-06-2012, 11:24 AM. Reason: grammer
    Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
    Originally posted by deevergote
    den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
    These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Are your stock shocks blown? If so... yes, changing them would be VERY smart. Driving your car with blown shocks is dangerous (and after all that body work you just had done, it's not worth the risk!)

Get the coilovers. I assume you mean full coilovers (shock/spring in one unit). That should fix your problem. You won't need anything else, other than a camber kit.
    Beyond that, start replacing bushings.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Are your stock shocks blown? If so... yes, changing them would be VERY smart. Driving your car with blown shocks is dangerous (and after all that body work you just had done, it's not worth the risk!)

Get the coilovers. I assume you mean full coilovers (shock/spring in one unit). That should fix your problem. You won't need anything else, other than a camber kit.
      Beyond that, start replacing bushings.
      i believe one of my shocks are blown because the front of car tilts to the side.
      ok ill get the coil overs. i found these... your opinion would be appriciated

http://functionnform.com/shop/ff-typ...1990-1993.html

why would i need a camber kit ? iv found prices ranging from $30-$200.

This car is eating my money. When im done with it though it will be brand new damn it.
      Last edited by tutsuo; 02-06-2012, 12:08 PM.
      Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

Coilovers AND sway bar bushings/end links will solve it.

Most CB7/9's that have old cracked/shotty sway bushings creak. Do yourself a favor if you do replace them and buy a nice replacement energy suspension poly set for the end links and sway bushings.

Comment

Originally posted by noahrexion View Post
          Coilovers AND sway bar bushings/end links will solve it.

Most CB7/9's that have old cracked/shotty sway bushings creak. Do yourself a favor if you do replace them and buy a nice replacement energy suspension poly set for the end links and sway bushings.
          i did the sway bar bushins and upper control arms and ball joints the only thing i havent done is lower balljoints and shocks/springs

any recommendations on a known quality brand ?
          Last edited by tutsuo; 02-06-2012, 02:03 PM.

Comment

There are many. What do you want from a suspension setup?

I personally love H&R and Neuspeed for springs, and Koni Yellow shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              There are many. What do you want from a suspension setup?

I personally love H&R and Neuspeed for springs, and Koni Yellow shocks.
              i was looking at those Form and function Coil-overs but there $$600 FU%&

well i would like a smoother ride, BUT i dont want to much play where i would scratch up the kit i just put on or side to side roll. i already scratched it twise on what i thought were small dips..
              Last edited by tutsuo; 02-07-2012, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Eibach springs (both kits for our cars) would be a good set for you if you don't want over a 1.2-1.8 drop and still retain performance and ride quality. Shocks have been addressed already that would help get peak performance out of most any spring combo. I do love my pro kits for function best spring by far i have used.

02 Crv
                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                  Eibach springs (both kits for our cars) would be a good set for you if you don't want over a 1.2-1.8 drop and still retain performance and ride quality. Shocks have been addressed already that would help get peak performance out of most any spring combo. I do love my pro kits for function best spring by far i have used.
                  those are a bit out of my price range i think ima go with Functions N Form kit

http://functionnform.com/shop/ff-typ...1990-1993.html

Comment

That and ball joints should be:

OEM, triple 5 (555) or Moog

Comment

Originally posted by noahrexion View Post
                      That and ball joints should be:

OEM, triple 5 (555) or Moog
                      Sorry i dont know what you mean by " triple 5 (555) or Moog "

Comment

Working...
                      X