Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Strange noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange noise

My car has a strsnge noise on the front passenger side. I thought it was a cv axle getting ready to go out because it happens mostly when making a left turn but not always. It will also do it when I accelerate hard in a straight line. I replaced the axle and the sound is still there. I know I'm going to need a clutch soon because the throw out bearing is starting to make a noise also. Could the other sound be from the clutch also?

Have you check your upper and lower ball joints, sway bar endlinks, and tierods?

Comment

Swaybar end links were replaced when I got the car and so were the strut rod bushings. Haven't checked the ball joints yet.

Comment

how do your "tophat" bushings look? my old civic made a popping noise when I turned certain ways and that was my problem.

edit: nevermind you said they were new.

Comment

Sounds like tierod ends man mine did the same thing easy fix spec if you have the trans out already.

Comment

OP: So your strut bushings and swaybar endlinks are replaced. Now i would check for play in the ball joints, tie rods and while you have the car jacked up check your bearings too, it cant hurt.

Check back and let us know what you find

Comment

Hopefully I'll be able to check it out tomorrow. My neighbor has a shop and a lift. If he gets some down time I'll be able to put it up on the rack and see what's going on. Have any of you guys ever put a clutch in one of our cars? I've always had trucks and have never done a front wheel drive clutch yet.

Comment

Originally posted by eastwood View Post
                Hopefully I'll be able to check it out tomorrow. My neighbor has a shop and a lift. If he gets some down time I'll be able to put it up on the rack and see what's going on. Have any of you guys ever put a clutch in one of our cars? I've always had trucks and have never done a front wheel drive clutch yet.
                It's not all that hard to drop the tranny on an accord. Especially if you have a lift and power tools.

Pull out the axles, all the 'bell housing' bolts, tranny mount bolt, cooling lines, a few electrical connections, flex plate bolts and shifter cable. I don't think it requires you to take the starter off. --> When you get to the back side of the block, there is a bracket that goes thru the rear motor mount, and you can unbolt the entire bracket from the motor/tranny and leave it connected to the mount, or completely remove it.
                When you drop it, the clutch replacement is pretty straight forward. Getting the damn thing back in is the hard part.

All the information you would ever want to know about a CB7 tranny can be found here:
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=179566

I will post the link with instructions when I find it. Good luck!
                '91 EX 280,000 || '90 LX 330,000
                _____(me)__________(wife)___

Comment

Finally found out that the noise it the differential bearing in the trany. I got good one from Beavers Honda Salvage down the road from me for $175 and it's getting put in tomorrow. Now the only thing to do is finish painting it and I'll be done for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by eastwood View Post
                    Finally found out that the noise it the differential bearing in the trany. I got good one from Beavers Honda Salvage down the road from me for $175 and it's getting put in tomorrow. Now the only thing to do is finish painting it and I'll be done for a while.
                    How many miles are on your car? Those differential bearing goes out due to age? Or poor maintenance?

Thanks.

Comment

It's got 229,000 miles on it but only about 20,000 from me. I don't know how the previous owners treated it.

Comment

Working...
                      X