Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

b20 in a 91 lx with trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

b20 in a 91 lx with trans

my brothers automotive teacher has a good b20 that he wants to get rid of... just wanted to ask would a b20 bolt in an if so whats the difference gunna be rather than the f22a1 let me know asap thanks all

That would be a lot of work. And I don't believe they have the torque or the power to move the bigger accord.

Comment

A b20 comes in a CRV, it definitely will move the cb. It would be too much work to gain a whole 1-20hp depending on which b20 it is and which F22a you currently have.

Comment

i have a f22a1 with a 146k on it an its the non vtec b20 i can get it for 250 his teacher just pulled it runs great everything but just need to know if it would be with it an i know it will pull the cb pretty good have the torque for sure considering its from an suv but how much work just askign

Comment

Originally posted by hondafreak2012 View Post
          i have a f22a1 with a 146k on it an its the non vtec b20 i can get it for 250 his teacher just pulled it runs great everything but just need to know if it would be with it an i know it will pull the cb pretty good have the torque for sure considering its from an suv but how much work just askign
          There is no such thing as an OEM B20 VTEC....... It is still not going to be worth it. All the work you would need to fab up is too much effort for a whole 20hp max.

Comment

as i said non vtec and i see b20 vtecs all over...

Comment

The amount of work and custom fabrication necessary to use a B20 in an Accord would not be worth the final result. Custom mounts, custom axles, custom wiring, custom ECU (the CRV is OBD2, so there will be no compatible "plug in" ECU without rewiring the entire car.) Also, the B series uses a transmission that is shifted with rods, not cables as in the Accord... therefore you'd need to hack up your floor pretty good to accommodate the rods.

The engine has plenty of power, and would move the car just fine.

And no, you do not see B20 VTECs everywhere. The B20 is a non-VTEC engine.

Comment

What car does a b20 vtec come from? I know that the B20's in 1st gen CRVs is a non vtec.

Comment

Because they have a vtec head swap from a b16,GSR, or ITR .No B20 came from the factory with vtec.

And the b20 is a pointless swap for this chassi it would take alot of money and fab to get it to actually work in a CB.

02 Crv
                  02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                  92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                  Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by hondafreak2012 View Post
                    as i said non vtec and i see b20 vtecs all over...
                    Those are B20 Franks, not OEM.
                    Originally posted by Mishakol129
                    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by SOHC-FTW View Post
                      And the b20 is a pointless swap for this chassi
                      "chassis". The last "s" is silent, but it is still part of the word. "chassi" isn't a word.
                      (sorry... I see that everywhere, and it bugs the shit outta me.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        The amount of work and custom fabrication necessary to use a B20 in an Accord would not be worth the final result. Custom mounts, custom axles, custom wiring, custom ECU (the CRV is OBD2, so there will be no compatible "plug in" ECU without rewiring the entire car.) Also, the B series uses a transmission that is shifted with rods, not cables as in the Accord... therefore you'd need to hack up your floor pretty good to accommodate the rods.

The engine has plenty of power, and would move the car just fine.

And no, you do not see B20 VTECs everywhere. The B20 is a non-VTEC engine.
                        I knew that there was no such thing as a b20 vtec without doing a head swap.

How much power would a b18/b18 head on a b20 make?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          "chassis". The last "s" is silent, but it is still part of the word. "chassi" isn't a word.
                          (sorry... I see that everywhere, and it bugs the shit outta me.)
                          Blame it on the damn French!
                          Originally posted by Mishakol129
                          Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

A straight LS head from a b18 will not make much if any difference, but a healthy LSV or B20V will make 160-170whp once tuned also depends on the head.

02 Crv
                            02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                            92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                            Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Yeah, it's hard to say how much power you'd get with a headswap. It's a very popular swap among the Civic/Integra crowd. I don't know enough about B/D series headswaps to condemn them the way I do H/F headswaps, so I'll just assume it's a good thing.

Still, any B/D series engine is worthless to us. The cost is way too high, unless you're damn good at fabricating... in which case, you could probably stuff a better engine in there. The ONLY reason to do such a swap would simply be for the ability to say you did it. It would indeed be different.

Comment

Working...
                              X