Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension

Is the stock prelude suspension comparable with my 90 Lx. Found stock complete set of strut springs and.if so is there any difference from stock accord setup?

No. The only suspension that you should be using is one made for a 90-97 (4cyl) Honda Accord.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

What year prelude?

92-96 prelude difference that I know is that the prelude suspension is lowers than accords.
      "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

92-96

Comment

Thanks for all the responses however I'm trying to replace me current setup of cut springs and blown shocks. And I can get a prelude set for a killer price. The.junkyard nearest to me is owned by a crook who everprices everything. I believe running on prelude shock would he much safer that what I currently have so all I'm really asking is whether the bolt up pattern and assembly is the same

Comment

I don't believe the shocks will bolt up. If they do, it will be just the front, or just the rear... I forget which supposedly fits. They won't be valved correctly for the Accord. They'll still be safer than blown stuff, but not much. You could probably use the springs, but I wouldn't. If the diameter is different, they won't seat properly. If you can get Prelude parts cheap, grab em and resell em on ebay, craigslist, or a Prelude forum. Make a profit on them, and put that money into buying proper accord parts.

Get 30 posts, and you'll be able to enter the Classifieds section of this forum. There, you can request stock springs, and someone may have them to sell to you. Someone may even offer to give them to you, as they're not really of any value to anyone. With stock springs, your cheap shock options are abundant. KYB GR2 or Tokico HP are good, and a very mild performance upgrade (neither is good for a drop, but good for OEM springs.) Even crap like Monroe or Gabriel will be sufficient. They're not good, but a hell of a lot better than what you have!

Comment

Thanks for the input deev. What the differnce between 90-93 strut/spring and 94-97 stuff. Like ride height and comfort

Comment

It's all pretty much the same. I think the main difference may be the valving of the shocks... but that may not be the case either. Most aftermarket stuff is the same between 90 and 97.

Comment

I found stock 94-97 stuff for 120 on Craigslist didn't know I that good a good deal or not

Comment

$120 seems a bit steep if it's old original stuff... but it'll fit if it's worth that price to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X