Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

project/dd f22a1 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

project/dd f22a1 build

hey guys im pretty much a noob to the mechanic world besides a few things here an there ive read alot on power gain for the f series.. i dont have the budget for a h22 swap atm ive read alot about f22a6 basically with bisi header cams an exhaust but would like some feed back on any other option/differences between the f22a1 and a6 any comment would be appreciated just picked up a mint 91 lx with 146k runs great 5 speed help??

ill evenutally add more and have more money but for now just want to stick to the simples things first
    Last edited by hondafreak2012; 01-24-2012, 04:37 AM.

a6 only has stiffer valve springs, more aggressive cam, the dual runner intake, and a windage tray.
    COUPE K24

Comment

so the a6 would be the better motor or is the a1 still formitable

Comment

blocks the same and so is the head. its up to you. and your talking about replacing all that stuff anyway so use whatever you want.
        COUPE K24

Comment

what would you suggest for a build i want to keep the stock motor and also be able to have a decent amount of power.. does vitara parts for the accord or toda ??
          Last edited by hondafreak2012; 01-24-2012, 05:13 AM.

Comment

If you have an F22a6.
            Just swap out the throttle body from an H23 prelude.
            F22a4 Headers
            C.A.I or S.R.I intake with AEM or K&N Intake filter ONLY.
            2.5 full exhaust system

and many other stuff.

look at this thread first.
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154
            Last edited by AeyJayCB7; 01-24-2012, 05:32 AM.
            MY MRT
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178936

Comment

F22A1 does just fine. Check out my thread in my sig.

I have:
              H23 Prelude intake manifold
              Gude cam
              Bisi intake gasket
              DC sports header
              2.5in exhaust.

Runs great, keeps up with traffic, behaves as stock for DD usage.
              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

If you're talking about a Bisimoto header in your F22A build, then an H22A swap will likely be the cheaper option. Don't stick to the F22A because you're on a budget, unless you're happy with a modest gain (not much more than a stock H22A for more than the H22A would cost.) If you want to build the F22A for the sake of building the F22A, then go for it... but if you want significant power, expect to spend a lot, and lose a good deal of driveability.

Comment

Working...
                X