Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Weird idle plus back pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird idle plus back pressure

Ok guys and gals I've been noticing that my car tends to idle at times really low like it's about to die on me..I already cleaned my iac and adjusted my fast valve but it only does it every now and then..and when I leave it idling it goes up just a bit where it's not noticeable but if you pay attention it's noticeable..it's starting to get on my nerves other then that I also don't have my iab box which I need to put back on but do y'all think that could be the problem? Also about that back pressure I mentioned it only does it when I'm on 5th and letting go of the gas..I have a h22 swap I got my timing adjusted as well new plugs,cap,rotor,wires and in my mind have two thoughts on what it can be 1:my injectors since they are obd2 and I've read a couple of threads where some people say that some obd2 injectors have resistors in them already Do?? if that's true do I really need the factory resistor box still? 2: or it can be my stock cat back so I think? But I'm not too sure.. So guys please put your two cents in and I appreciate it THANKS
    WHEN LIFE PASSES YOU BY...DOWN SHIFT...

Calm down. Slow down. Type so we can understand you... because that gibberish makes no sense.

I don't think you understand what "backpressure" means, because nothing in this thread is talking about backpressure (that I can understand, anyway.)

As for the idle... did you read the thread by HondaFan81 about the PROPER way to set your base idle? Just randomly adjusting things isn't the way to fix it.

Comment

Haha sorry deev I was just trying to shorten the whole story..and what I mean by back pressure is that when I let go of the pedal while I'm on 5th it does of a lot of (I guess you can say kinda popping,sputter or farting?) ha I got a new ntk o2 sensor like a month ago. And yes I did I've read that thread a long time ago an adjusted the iac with it being unplugged and car running but it still does it.

Comment

Your stock accord fuel injection system is set up to use low impedance injectors, aka Peak & Hold. All 90-97 Accords use them. There is/was/should be a small aluminum finned box installed on the firewall just behind the strut tower on the drivers side. That is a resistor box, it is used in conjunction with low impedance injectors. If you still have the stock resistor box and injector wires in place. And you are running a set of OBD2 H22A4 high impedance injectors. They won't operate as efficiently as they should. High impedance, aka saturated, injectors do not require a resistor box.

However, I highly doubt that has anything to do with the engine breaking that you are experiencing when letting off the gas in 5th gear. What transmission do you have mated to the H22?
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Ghostaccord I think you just answered my question yes I still have that resistor box and I did wire up my obd2 fuel injectors how can I bypass the resistor box? I've read a couple of threads about it but never actually had a striaght forward answer..and as my tranny I have m2y4
          Last edited by 10k; 01-18-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

This diagram might help out.

You need to remove the resistor box and then splice the YEL/BLK (+) wire to all 4 RED/BLK injector wires. This is the 12v (or battery voltage) supply to the injectors. The injectors solid colored wires (Grounded through ECU) do not change.
            Last edited by GhostAccord; 01-19-2012, 06:28 PM.
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Ghostaccord I really appreciate your help man! From now on your my new best friend haha..I'll get back to you on how it acts up on me thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X