Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Whale pen15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whale pen15?

Hi there im new here and looking in to buying a Cb7 really soon, my old car was a 87 Cutlass

i wanted to get a intake the fits the style of a cb7 and looks great and also sounds great. my buddy told me that whale pen15 intake are the best and they add lots of horse power. i dont really believe what he says so can you please help me thank you .
    Last edited by S.W.A.T; 01-12-2012, 10:15 PM.

I don't think they make that style intake piping specifically for our cars, your best bet would be to pick up a short ram kit from ebay. Take the filter that comes with it throw it into the fireplace/pit, and then use a quality filter like AEM, K&N, etc.

FYI purposefully bypassing the swear filter can result in you getting banned.
    Last edited by cloudasc; 01-12-2012, 09:51 PM.
    PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

I personally think a whale penis is stupid. Air can only flow as much as it's biggest restriction. Therefor, only as much air that can flow though the throttle body is what will be sucked in. If you want an intake get some cheap tubing on ebay, and then pick up a K&N filter or any Name brand filter. Others will let debris in and ruin your engine over time.

EDIT: Wasn't fast enough haha

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
        I don't think they make that style intake piping specifically for our cars, your best bet would be to pick up a short ram kit from ebay. Take the filter that comes with it throw it into the fireplace/pit, and then use a quality filter like AEM, K&N, etc.
        I have seen a lot of people with spectre intakes and k&n on here which one is better for air flow and power and also is the eBay intake pipes any good?
        Last edited by S.W.A.T; 01-12-2012, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S.W.A.T View Post
          I have seen a lot of people with spectre intakes and k&n on here which one is better for air flow and power and also is the eBay intake pipes any good?
          Piping is piping, ebay just tends to be the cheapest place to get it. Stay away from the cold-air intakes, unless you want to relocate your battery or cut a hole in your engine compartment to fit the piping.
          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
            Piping is piping, ebay just tends to be the cheapest place to get it. Stay away from the cold-air intakes, unless you want to relocate your battery or cut a hole in your engine compartment to fit the piping.
            Yea I don't really want Cold air because of rainy weather here all the time.

Thank you

Comment

EDIT: Wasn't fast enough haha[/QUOTE]

My cutlass wasnt lol
              Last edited by S.W.A.T; 01-12-2012, 10:13 PM.

Comment

There is no "swear filter". You can say penis on here. We're big boys.
                However, use the edit button to add to a post. Multiple posts one after another will result in your post count being reset.

As for an intake... as said, a pipe is a pipe. Those fancy ones might make an extra 1-2hp, but nothing you're going to feel. Get a cheap pipe and a good filter (K&N or AEM). If you want the whale penis style just for looks, then go for it. Otherwise, you won't notice a difference in performance. Actually, the stock airbox flows decently.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  There is no "swear filter". You can say penis on here. We're big boys.
                  However, use the edit button to add to a post. Multiple posts one after another will result in your post count being reset.

As for an intake... as said, a pipe is a pipe. Those fancy ones might make an extra 1-2hp, but nothing you're going to feel. Get a cheap pipe and a good filter (K&N or AEM). If you want the whale penis style just for looks, then go for it. Otherwise, you won't notice a difference in performance. Actually, the stock airbox flows decently.
                  ok thank you so much

Comment

Working...
                  X