Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

weird idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird idle

sometimes after i've been driving for a while and i stop at a red light my rpm's will drop to about 100 and jumps to about 1000. this doesn't happen all the time just randomly, and then it will randomly stop.

i have no idea why this happens or what to look for to make this stop. it's just very annoying when it happens and shakes the whole car.

i made this video to show just what im talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKn59...ature=youtu.be

video taken on my i-pod nano. not the best quality

You say it only happens when you come to a stop? Meaning your brake light's are on? One more-Is it worse when you are driving with your light's on? (Headlight's & running light's) I have just a theory on this-Your light's are requiring more amperage from the alternator and the ELD is trying to compensate for this. I have had similar issues with this only happening sometimes but it is when all my light's are on, pushing in the clutch, and then stepping on the brakes. It get's even worse for me when I have the windshield wiper's on & the rear defrost. I'm thinking of putting a higher output alternator on mine to see if it help's. Again, this is my theory.

Comment

See the thread at the top of this section that says "read here first!"? Yeah... read that. This problem is VERY common, and thus has been addressed in great detail in that thread.

Comment

well when im in neutral, it will do that. i could be going 40 mph put the clutch in and that will happen. i was on a hill so i was utilizing my e-brake,which was why my brake light was on. it happens when my lights are on or off, not really worse or just can't notice the difference. the only thing that's on will be the radio (no subs). i have ac but don't use it, so unless having the radio on and the little clock in the dash is too much power to handle at once.

again it is a random occurring thing.

thanks for pointing that out deev. to be honest i probably would of never looked in that thread
        Last edited by crazyychriss123; 01-08-2012, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Someone just posted this up in another thread & I think it might help both of us out. It's at least worth a try for me. ENG: Setting Base Idle Properly (F22ax, F22bx) View Single Post
          Wow, I just learned a lot about IACV's at ecomodder. Might want to check them out as well.
          Last edited by WagonLX; 01-08-2012, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X