Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Eibach w/STR.T's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eibach w/STR.T's

Thinking of putting The Ground Control Eibach coilovers with the Koni STR.T's on my wagon. I know the Koni's are quality, but not sure about these coilovers. I want to go lower than just a lowering spring and still maintain somewhat of the ride quality and a little performance. I will admit that I have to stay within a budget on this. Anyone using these or have any other recommendations? Of course I have read the suspension stickies & have about a $700 budget, not including the camber kits. Thanks.

For your budget, if you want to go lower than regular springs would take you (not a great idea, IMO... but it's your car...) then I would suggest getting a full coilover kit. F&F Type 1 would fit in your budget, I believe, and they would do what you want.

The Koni STR.T are very good shocks, but depending on the spring rate and height that you want, they may not hold. The best thing to do is to call Ground Control and ask them. They offer a range of spring rates for their sleeves, so perhaps they could offer you one that would work with the STR.T. You'll need to know how low you want to go, though.

Comment

F&F Type 1's are great, if you search around online they're on sale right now! Down to 550/600$ I think? I recently picked up some type 2's for about 950$ But im still waiting for them to arrive.

Comment

These F&F Type 1's are exactly what I am looking for. At that price I was'nt sure about the quality though. These are what I will get as I really did'nt want to put coilovers on my car. I had a bad experience with some cheap coilovers on a EF Civic hatchback once. Rode like a tank-literally. Very happy with this find & if you guy's are saying they are worth a crap, I'll try them. Thank's again!

Comment

I'm on F&F Type I's, and have been for about 6 or 7 months now.

I brought them as a temporary solution as I needed shocks bad, so I used them as a solution to my problem. I was supposed to upgrade, but I'm kinda being responsible as I'm not trying to spend major money (house saving). Some things have been put on the back burner.

Anyway, they are okay. Once in a while in a city full of pot holes, they can be harsh and irritating. For the most part on an everyday basis, they provide an okay ride comfort, good handling, and seem durable. I'm about 2-2.5" dropped, and I don't really have too many complaints.

Overall, comparing to stock components, they rate good just not as comfortable, but handling is greatly improved.

8 out 10 from me.
          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Ground Control sleeves are absolutely good quality. They're the only sleeve I'd ever consider myself (though I would probably never get such a thing.) Full-bodied coilovers aren't much different... they're the same as the sleeves, only instead of the threaded part slipping over the shock, it's simply a part of the shock (good for ease of installation and ensuring that you have a matched spring/shock... not so good when you blow the shock and have to replace the entire unit!)

Keep in mind that the threaded parts need to be maintained, or they can seize. It's probably less of a problem for you in NM than it is for me in NJ.

I much prefer a good spring/shock combo myself, but that's just me.

As for F&F's quality... people have nothing but good to say about them, and they actually took the time to develop a CB specific setup, not just a "90-97" setup like most manufacturers... so I can appreciate that. (stickydiljoe of "the chronicles" is partially to thank for that.) I don't know where their coilovers are made, though, and by what process... so I can't say for sure that they're better than some of the cheap crap on the market. All I have to go on is their reputation, and as I said, I've heard nothing but good things.

Comment

Ground Control are decent they ride good... save up more cash to upgade better coilover,just for now Ground Control best way to go with now

Comment

Actually, Ground Controls paired with Koni Yellows will perform as well as (or better than) most full coilovers on the market for our car. Also, they offer a variety of spring rates, so "ride good" depends on what you get, what you need, and how you define "good". You can get Ground Controls that are so stiff they'd only be useful for a racetrack.

In the future, if you don't have anything useful to add to the conversation other than subtly repeating what others have already said (only leaving out all the substance, and infusing it with your own uneducated opinion), just don't bother posting.

Comment

I have heard bad things about STR.Ts on Honda Tech. Nobody there has had good experiences with them.

I would keep the Eibachs and go with Bilstiens

Originally posted by lordoja
                  im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

What springs have been used with the STR.Ts? When you use high spring rate, low drop springs won't work well with them. With a mild drop, such as H&R or Neuspeed Sport springs, they'd be perfect.

Comment

Yeah, those Bilstein's are nice & they would probably go good with the Ground Control's. Now I am torn between the two choices. F&F 1's or this setup- I will have to make some phone calls tomorrow. Oh, these Bilstein shocks have a really good price at Nopi too. It would be a little over my budget but might be worth it for ride quality and drop that I am going for.

Comment

Make sure you learn what drop and spring rate the Bilsteins can handle. gloryaccordy is no idiot, but it would still be unwise to take unverified information from a stranger on the internet, assuming he knows what's best for YOUR car.

Comment

Also, you may want to have an extra $100-$150 set aside for miscellaneous issues that may arise. Bushings, rusted/uncooperative bolts, a bearing or two, alignment. This is just an heads up. Sometimes when you fix one part on an almost 20 year old car, other thing began to fail.
                          The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

VERY true. I just put new springs on my car on a whim... my friend wanted my H&R Race springs, and I wanted to raise the car a bit, so he got me some Neuspeed Sport springs. The bolt through bottom bushing on my driver's side rear decided to seize, and the bushing shredded. $30 part, and if I can't install it myself (it's not an easy one), it could be even more to have it professionally installed. Technically, I should be replacing both sides while I'm at it.

Comment

I had Megan sleeves on koni str.ts. Pretty good ride. Those struts could take a beating. Hit so many pot holes and bottomed out in Chicago. Still rode fine.

But I made sure all my balljoints were good and swapped all busihings out for urithane. Had confidence on the crappy roads.
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X