Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22a misfiring n bogs during accel. pls help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a misfiring n bogs during accel. pls help

just swapped a JDM h22 in 94 accord LX i wired knock,vtec,pressure switch.i used stock harness. i have no MIL but it misfires at idle and when i give it 1/4 to 3/4 throttle it bogs out, if i wide open throttle it will kick in but i still hear the misfire. vtec hits but it breaks up like static. i replaced all new injectors, new external USDM dizzy, new MSD cap and rotor.still does the same thing. i replaced the Throttle body with another one with working TPS and MAP and still breaks up and bogs. what could this be? im running chipped p28 h22 base with mild tuning.i also checked compression and from got 220 in cylinders 4-2 but 180 in cyl.#1.i havnt checked mechanical timing. i can record a video if u really need to see the problem in action. any help please

Originally posted by c1g4u2nv View Post
    just swapped a JDM h22 in 94 accord LX i wired knock,vtec,pressure switch.i used stock harness. i have no MIL but it misfires at idle and when i give it 1/4 to 3/4 throttle it bogs out, if i wide open throttle it will kick in but i still hear the misfire. vtec hits but it breaks up like static. i replaced all new injectors, new external USDM dizzy, new MSD cap and rotor.still does the same thing. i replaced the Throttle body with another one with working TPS and MAP and still breaks up and bogs. what could this be? im running chipped p28 h22 base with mild tuning.i also checked compression and from got 220 in cylinders 4-2 but 180 in cyl.#1.i havnt checked mechanical timing. i can record a video if u really need to see the problem in action. any help please
    sounds like a bad igniter, but i would also looking into your physical and ignition timing.
    Originally posted by Mishakol129
    Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Valve timing is definitely something to look into.

Does this happen consistently, or sporadically? It could be a failing 02 sensor (unless your map is bypassing it.)

Problems like this are difficult to diagnose when you're running a chipped ECU. For all we know, it could be the ECU's fault. Do you have a stock P13 to throw in there? That would be the best thing to use. Always eliminate unknown variables.

Comment

Originally posted by c1g4u2nv View Post
        just a noob thing to check... check the firing order(i messed mine up twice on my h22... damn book makes it look weird)... another idea is check and adjust the TPS

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Valve timing is definitely something to look into.

Does this happen consistently, or sporadically? It could be a failing 02 sensor (unless your map is bypassing it.)

Problems like this are difficult to diagnose when you're running a chipped ECU. For all we know, it could be the ECU's fault. Do you have a stock P13 to throw in there? That would be the best thing to use. Always eliminate unknown variables.
          it happens constintly. i thought about O2 sensor being bad since it is the old one.the 02 sensor, Coil(which ive switched out for another and same problem)and wire set is the only thing reused from f22.as for the chipped ECU. yes i have a stock p13 but that runs it even more like crap. the car is barely driveable with the p13 it starts to buck and bog. im using my own Chipped ecu only because it runs it better, but barely. will compression be good if timing is off by like 1 tooth?also it can't be the igniter cuz i just replaced dizzy.

Comment

can i get a good diagram of firing order. i triple checked it to the book and my own h22 wires and it looks good

Comment

and number 4 cyl. is closest to the distributor.

Use the P13. If it doesn't run on the P13, then there's something clearly wrong. Whatever is done to the P28 that allows it to run could be causing more harm than good.

I'm not sure about compression and valve timing, but you should double check your valve timing anyway.

If your o2 sensor is old, replace it. It may not be the problem, but better to rule it out than to assume it's not the issue. $40 will get you a Denso sensor from Rockauto.com. DO NOT use a Bosch sensor. They don't work.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

and number 4 cyl. is closest to the distributor.

Use the P13. If it doesn't run on the P13, then there's something clearly wrong. Whatever is done to the P28 that allows it to run could be causing more harm than good.

I'm not sure about compression and valve timing, but you should double check your valve timing anyway.

If your o2 sensor is old, replace it. It may not be the problem, but better to rule it out than to assume it's not the issue. $40 will get you a Denso sensor from Rockauto.com. DO NOT use a Bosch sensor. They don't work.
                ok well i got the wire order right.its not my car its a friends and using the p28 is the only way he can deal with it and drive it. its chipped with a h22 basemap. could it be the old injector resistor box, or clogged fuel filter maybe? im going through everything in my head i need to get this fixed. and thanks deevergote for the input i appreciate it.anything helps

Comment

Check your valve clearance. Also, make sure you're running a higher octane than 87 or 89 or whatever is available in your area. Should be running at least 91

Comment

definetly running 91 octane. about to do a leak down test on #1 cylinder

Comment

BUMP. i will record a video for everyone to see the issue im having. should have it by the end of the day

Comment

Change ur fuel pump. Get it at the dealership.

Comment

Or fuel filter!

Comment

Hi ....Ever resolved this issue? Mine is turning out to be my distributor that I had taken off earlier. It's not at the correct angle. Aka Ignition/Valve Timing I hope that was the case for you as well man.

*Needs*
                            -New shocks
                            -Struts
                            -Drop
                            -Cleaning
                            -New Tires/Wheels
                            -New Window Tint
                            -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Working...
                            X