Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Maintaince Required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintaince Required

My maintance required is gradually changing color let me know that service is required soon. However I just change my oil a couple weeks ago and all the fluids are good with no leaks. I check the dipstick and all fluid levels are OT. Any ideas on what the indicator triggers that requirs maintaince. i know i do need to change my rotors and brakes could that be it

the oil i used on the last oil change was valvoline synethic with a bottle of lucas oild stabelizer (oil is not enough) lol but yea that wat i used. So through me reasons and probablies if you can thanks in advance

It's just a mileage counter. Turns orange, and then red by 7500 miles since it was last reset. Jab your key in the little hole next to it to change it back to green, if you want.
    It's not computerized at all, and has absolutely no idea what the condition of your car/engine is. All it does is count to 7500.

Comment

When I first got my cb7 I was pissed cuz I didn't see that light and thought damn... Then after a while of pressing buttons and messing with stuff like a 5 year old I pressed that and was just like.... Wow. Haha but mine has changed colors but I never drive the car. Just start it, let it heat open and turn it off? Any reason why that would happen??
      1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
      For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

ook thanks i usually jab my key in it wen i change the oil but this time i jus found it strange that it change color so fast so i thought i might post about it

Comment

Originally posted by Wickit View Post
          When I first got my cb7 I was pissed cuz I didn't see that light and thought damn... Then after a while of pressing buttons and messing with stuff like a 5 year old I pressed that and was just like.... Wow. Haha but mine has changed colors but I never drive the car. Just start it, let it heat open and turn it off? Any reason why that would happen??
          Beats me... gauge cluster gremlins? I believe it's attached to the odometer, so it should only move when that moves. I could be wrong, though. I've never actually disassembled a cluster to see for myself. I have one in my basement... maybe I should do that.

Originally posted by real_mckoy View Post
          ook thanks i usually jab my key in it wen i change the oil but this time i jus found it strange that it change color so fast so i thought i might post about it
          Yeah, it freaks most people out. When it first happened, I made a service appointment for my car. Then I came home, searched online to figure out what it meant... and as soon as I found out, I went back to the shop and demanded my car back!

Comment

yea you disassemble the cluster and see what it is attached to ...im also curious to find out what it is. It only has three color phases right? Green, amber and then red?. When i first got the the car it was already red so i was like man this car is good it hasnt change or move until i had ask some and and they said its at the worst stage right now i was like oooh man this whole time i was thinking it was good this was 6 years ago though.

Comment

Eh, I leave mine red... It really means absolutely nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Beats me... gauge cluster gremlins? I believe it's attached to the odometer, so it should only move when that moves. I could be wrong, though. I've never actually disassembled a cluster to see for myself. I have one in my basement... maybe I should do that.

Yeah, it freaks most people out. When it first happened, I made a service appointment for my car. Then I came home, searched online to figure out what it meant... and as soon as I found out, I went back to the shop and demanded my car back!
                Lol well my tach is also fucked up, that may be it as well. Haha I might just get a new cluster.
                1993 10th Anniversary MRT

Originally posted by The G-Man
                For that money, yes. But my dick isn't big enough for that shit.

List of all my cars to date

Comment

well... this answered one of my questions that I was gonna ask my husband but didn't want to ask because i hate that look he gives like I am so stupid and didn't know what it is. But thanks.. this answers that question. I guess I can leave mine red since my husband keeps up with all the oil changing on it.

But on a side note : i thought you were supposed to change your oil every 3000 miles, so why does the thingy go up to 7500 miles ?

Comment

The maintenance required doesn't effect the performance of your car. You could try getting a full tune up or doing a tune up yourself to make it go away.

Comment

This may seem like a silly question, but what does the maintenance light look like??

Comment

Well it depends because on some cars it says maintenance required and it has a square that changes colors.

Comment

Umm well I have a stock 1992 LX sedan

And I've never seen anything with words "maintenance required"

Comment

Your right now that I went to check that I noticed there isn't any words . Ive seen the words on a 2000 Honda . I'm guessing it's one of the lights below the check engine or around it.. But I'm not 100% on it. Is there someone who can clear this out for us?

Comment

Yes please!

Comment

Working...
                              X